Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a little mishap in Daytona. After I began with my early morning coffee run, I turned onto International Speedway and twisted the throttle. The bike was at first fine, then sluggish and misfired. Coasted to the light when a passing bike noticed that fuel was pouring from the underside.

After getting the bike turned around (and almost loosing it), and into the Bob Evans parkling lot, I popped the seat and lifted the rubber cover to only discover that the supply line connector was almost completely off from the fule flange!

I reconnected it to the flange and tugged on it after it 'clicked on', then rode back to the RV to clean everything up. Fortunately (or not), I had began with a full tank. In a block and half, the fuel pump pumped out a half tank onto the road and my rear tire!

To say the least, I called the service manager and read him the riot act immediately after they opened! And he will get it again tomorrow when I visit him during lunch time. The bike is suppose to go in on Wednesday (weather permitting) for the 5K inspection and now to also check the plugs and connectors.

If you have had your recall done, check your fuel line connections at the falnge. Gently tug on the conncetors to make sure they are fully attached. If they come off of the flange, re-insert and make sure that you hear and audible click. Then retest by tugging.

Hopefully, everyone's bikes are doing well...

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Bry I thought just the 02 had the recall. Were can I go to see if I need to have this done.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
runit1971 said:
Bry I thought just the 02 had the recall. Were can I go to see if I need to have this done.
runit1971, the recall affected most, if not all, '03s and a few early '04s. Talk to you dealer if you have an '03. If they give you trouble, go to another dealer. They should replace it without question.

BTW: I went to the dealer. No damage to the flange or the connectors. It was just a case of not getting the connectors fully seated and locked. They also pulled the plugs and didn't see anything unusual, but the dealer decided to replace them since they were already out. The bike should be delivered back to the house on Monday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts