Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who was it, that was making the stock injectors bigger?
any help would be very much appreciated, thanks

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought thats who it was, how would i go about contacting elvis wasn't his user name tinman on here? is there anyone else?

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks lou, but i'm not looking to buy some injectors. i'm wanting someone to make the injector i have flow more fuel. i sent an email to marren in CT but after reading the FAQ's they say its not a good thing to do, because the pintle is matched with the bore of the injector, and that at lower RPM's it would be inconsistent with fuel flow.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
thanks lou, but i'm not looking to buy some injectors. i'm wanting someone to make the injector i have flow more fuel. i sent an email to marren in CT but after reading the FAQ's they say its not a good thing to do, because the pintle is matched with the bore of the injector, and that at lower RPM's it would be inconsistent with fuel flow.
It is generally not a good thing.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is generally not a good thing.

thats what i'm finding with all my google searches. i'm probably going to find that its not gonna happen.unless theres a lot of money spent on R&D at the cost of the end user.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
FWIW I've spent well in excess of $ 1500.00 on dyno time trying to tweek these 5.7 GPS injectors on my 1430 Bagger.

The bike really hauls ass when when called upon but for the life of me I can tune it to run smooth while cruizing.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats prolly what marren is speaking of. my application will be WOT or off the throttle.they'll be no cruising. the injector cost 200$ and i don't know if my rider wants to spend 200$ on an injector and then who knows how much to make it bigger.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
what injectors are you running in your other bikes Pat? Is everyone having tuning problems are just you?
I thought tuning these were much better than the destroyer injectors?
My other are mostly stock. I really don't know about anyone else using them.

I'm finding these give me an irritating surge while trying to cruise. Like I said earlier when you whack it the bike takes right off and performs great, it's the in between that's bugging me.

I was running the bike topless with a K&N, at the end of the year I put a modified top back on it to see how it ran but the snow came and has been here since. I'll keep at it though.

I've purchased a second set for potential use on my 1487 build but haven't got the bike back from Hal's yet.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
brett
9,338 Posts
with the surging and crappy cruizing are talking about elvis injectors or something else.i was going to be putting them in my motor in feb .but if they surge ,i know i dont want them

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Robbie. I'll check it out.

Why aren't you watching football? :)
i don't like sports that only require 1 ball...........:rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
The way I look at it is if you take a 4 hole injector and modify it to increase fuel volume through those same 4 holes, you are going to lose fuel atomization quality. This is why I prefer to run the 6 hole Destroyer injectors even when the full capacity of those injectors is not needed. Loss of fine atomization can cause tuning issues and run quality issues.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
The way I look at it is if you take a 4 hole injector and modify it to increase fuel volume through those same 4 holes, you are going to lose fuel atomization quality. This is why I prefer to run the 6 hole Destroyer injectors even when the full capacity of those injectors is not needed. Loss of fine atomization can cause tuning issues and run quality issues.
Ken, Ken, Ken, you say Patato, I say Patahto, I'll get them to work.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my question is "who can or will take an injector, regardless of what it fits and make it flow more fuel?" the particular injector I'm working with has 12 holes for fuel to exit. i've sent a few emails and gonna make some phone calls tomorrow with hopes of finding someone capable of doing it.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
my question is "who can or will take an injector, regardless of what it fits and make it flow more fuel?" the particular injector I'm working with has 12 holes for fuel to exit. i've sent a few emails and gonna make some phone calls tomorrow with hopes of finding someone capable of doing it.
Robbie what would these be used on?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts