Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
matt blk & fire hot
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is now a permanent fix for the screwy fuel gauge sender on the 2007 and up 5gal fuel tank on our bikes. It requires a new fuel gauge sender (now with a float inside the sonic tube) and a reflash on 2007 until 2009 and should be with out flash (?!?!?) for 2009 and up. so come on guys! we need everyone with the old gauge to call and complain to the HD tech line to get the ball rolling on a (cough, yeah right) replacement for free or low cost for all of us poor bastards that have been waiting and riding with these F'ed up old sonic gauges for all these years.......

and just laugh at them when they say "it is the first time they ever heard of this" when you talk to them on the phone. (they say it every time. even the twentieth time someone tells them the same thing)

And PLEASE! Don’t bother posting about how you just go by the odometer and hell with the gauge.
Spare me

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
It would be nice if we had a H-D service bulletin number.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
*OKAY….I'll ask for a replacement fuel gauge (w/ float inside sonic sender)…and a reflash for 2007 DX/NRS.
Thanks
PS:Luckily my local HD tech owns a VRod

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
harley recalled the breakout models,why not the v-rods?
Wasn't that recall for tail lights in Canada not passing the specs. Fuel gauge was also flagged in the same recall. Talk to the governemt if you want something like the fuel sender fixed and have them force a recall. It would need to be a safety issue however. MoCo don't give a flying fk if it works or not. Hell, many bikes don't have a sender and are perfectly legal so I don't see it going anywhere.
Ron

·
Kidzap
1,065 Posts
They did an upgrade on the sonar tube last year part # change was 75210-09 to 75210-09a.

Pics of the upgrade are here > http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2864313&postcount=12

Be interesting to know if they changed the part # again.

And even with a fuel gauge that's in the ball park most of the time I start looking for gas when I'm at 180 miles on the trip because I know 200 is the limit.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
They did an upgrade on the sonar tube last year part # change was 75210-09 to 75210-09a.

Pics of the upgrade are here > http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2864313&postcount=12

Be interesting to know if they changed the part # again.

And even with a fuel gauge that's in the ball park most of the time I start looking for gas when I'm at 180 miles on the trip because I know 200 is the limit.
A search for 75210-09A doesn't bring any part up. Only 75210-09

Ron

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
If you order 75210-09 as I did you'll get 75210-09a which has the float in it.
Not ordering but trying to confirm which one is in my 2013. Generally if you do a part # search with say an A revision that part will come up. No luck there, only the 75210-09 comes up. Maybe it's all hush hush for now?
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
It may be so new the internet has not caught up yet.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
It may be so new the internet has not caught up yet.
Don't know. We launched a product at the Cinci trade show in 2013. It was on the internet before I got home two days later. Pretty safe to say my 13DX doesn't have the A version then. Over a year now and it has worked dead nuts. So far.
Question, recent post of a person not being able to get a fuel pump only for late model. Could it be the whole module needs to be purchased as a unit and that's why theres no seperate part number for it?
Ron

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Does this pertain to us early V guys as well? (2003-2006)

·
Registered
187 Posts
What? You don't get 40+ MPG ? That's too bad because it's very achievable when tuned properly.
That's good to know. I just installed an auto tuner and I can tell my gas mileage went up but haven't refilled up yet.
I am running stock pulleys, a topless K&N air filter, a just installed Fi2000 auto tuner and a soon to be installed Bassanni 2into1.
I would love to get 40 mpg !

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
What? You don't get 40+ MPG ? That's too bad because it's very achievable when tuned properly.
True. 40 is very doable and a tad more in light cruise 4k, 100kpa range. I'm knocking on that door right now and still have areas that are richer then needed. Most tune way too rich all over the calibration and it's not needed. I'm slowly wising up to that fact.
Ron

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
True. 40 is very doable and a tad more in light cruise 4k, 100kpa range. I'm knocking on that door right now and still have areas that are richer then needed. Most tune way too rich all over the calibration and it's not needed. I'm slowly wising up to that fact.
Ron
My personal best is 169.4 (with my mods) & it took 4.67 gallons. That = 36.3mpg

1 - 20 of 145 Posts