Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Hi gentlemen just changed battery and notice my fuel gauge dosent sweep or move and fuel light is on with full tank any info would be helpful cheers 2012 nrs
Does the IM (instrument module) WOW? ...
Turn the ignition switch to ACC. The instrument background lights should turn on, gauge needles should sweep through full range and back, and all LEDs controlled by serial data (battery, security, coolant temperature, and CEL) should light up.​
If you fail the WOW test, check the ACCY fuse in the fuse block under the passenger pillion.

If you pass the WOW test and still see no fuel gauge motion, check the connector under the seat for the sonar level sensor. It's a separate connector with three wires (O/W, Y/W, BK/GR).

Also, to avoid blown fuses and other electrical problems, pull the MAIN fuse under the upper right side cover before working on the bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fuel Sending Unit

Hi gentlemen just changed battery and notice my fuel gauge dosent sweep or move and fuel light is on with full tank any info would be helpful cheers 2012 nrs
I had the same problem last year with my 2014 v-rod muscle. Mine was the Fuel Sending Unit. I went ahead and replaced the part...and as of now, the fuel gauge works great.

Part No#: 75310-07

Auto part Line art Diagram Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

Video shows how to replace it yourself:

Someone is selling one on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-Fuel-Module-Assy-75310-07-/282815693470

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yep I agree its a probably fuel sender. How many miles on bike. I also have a 2012. They last till approx 2years or so of everyday riding or approx 15000 miles. I have put at least four in mines.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the IM (instrument module) WOW? ...
Turn the ignition switch to ACC. The instrument background lights should turn on, gauge needles should sweep through full range and back, and all LEDs controlled by serial data (battery, security, coolant temperature, and CEL) should light up.​
If you fail the WOW test, check the ACCY fuse in the fuse block under the passenger pillion.

If you pass the WOW test and still see no fuel gauge motion, check the connector under the seat for the sonar level sensor. It's a separate connector with three wires (O/W, Y/W, BK/GR).

Also, to avoid blown fuses and other electrical problems, pull the MAIN fuse under the upper right side cover before working on the bike.
cheers for the reply boss i switch to acc and didnt light up? gueesing fuse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.