Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this problem. This just started a couple days ago. Initially, the fuel gauge read ¾ of a tank of gas. As I began to ride the gauge started to drop down to ¼ of a tank reading. I had to glance down under the bike while I was riding to make sure I wasn’t dropping any gas. Then once I got to my destination and let the bike idle for a while the gauge went back up. I have a 2002 V-Rod and, I’ve heard of the recalls with the fuel flange for the 2003 and 2004 bikes but, has anyone else with a 2002 experienced the same problem? Or, does anyone know what this could be due to?

Thanks in advance!!!

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'll definitely get it check out then. I knew someone would know what was happening and, I definitely knew I my gas mileage wasn't that bad. It was like I was driving my old 1980's Chevy Suburban. I could watch gauge drop like second hand on my watch.

Thanks again!!! :plause:

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, here’s the update from my fuel gauge problem. I brought the bike to Livermore Harley Davidson to have the mechanics there take a look at the bike and try to figure out the fluctuating fuel gauge level problem I’ve been having with the bike. I was told by the mechanics that the problem lies with the gauge itself and, that they are ordering a new cluster (which is covered by the extended warranty) to repair this problem. I did notify them that I’ve heard that the v-rods sometimes have problems with the fuel flange, sender, etc but, they said that when they checked those parts out that there was no apparent problems with them. I’m still waiting for the gauge cluster to arrive from a vendor that Harley goes through to produce these so, I will keep everyone updated and let you all know if this gauge cluster was defective and solved our fuel gauge problems.

Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.