Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
If the flange is the problem chopper steve at v-mod was selling a fitting that fixed the problem better then the recall repair does and even for a first timer should take no more then 45 minutes to install. Getting the fuel flange out of the tank is really very simple.

Max

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Yes Daniii they read the forum and they are none to happy about what I think about them. Dan they didn't have to even offer good service, had it been just decent I wouldn't bash them but to even catch them stealing and then trying to charge me three times the labor charges for everything I ask about was crazy. Not to mention the first time I took them my bike and after they had it a week I found they didn't even have the parts yet, but they weren't even going to bother to let me know or pull my bike inside out of the rain or bad weather. Then when I insisted to come and get it they left the front of the air box cover loose and it came up on me at 70mph. And Dan if you want my opinion that tire and service warranty is a rip off, they charged you more labor for your tires then my tires cost me. I would still like to know if they checked your valves as well. I just wouldn't trust them to work on my lawn mower after what I have seen and gotten from them.

In short I don't think they could fix a bread sandwich.

No p-4 I have not done a flange how-to but did pull my 02 out and install the threaded fitting as I see this as a better repair then the replacement unit. It took me less then 30 minutes, the toughest part is snaking the float out of the neck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.