Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a list of the VIN's affected by the fuel flange recall?

·
Registered
75 Posts
all you have to do is go to a local h-d shop with your vin # and they can tell you or just wait till your next service its nothing major

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I just checked and the vins are not in that PDF they show to be in a bulletin that was released october 10th 2003 and I do not have that one.

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Hold on. Let me get the info. I just showed this to somebody today. For the facts stick around. But to the best of my ability tonight. Lift the rubber piece under the seat on 02 and 03 models. There will be a 4 digit code with the #s of manufacture. Now this is the cloudy part. Seems like 2552-2853 is the flanges effective. Any part number with a -03A is good. I will post this info tomorrow. Later SKI.

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll check back

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Wanted to share that when my fuel flange failed a couple weeks ago, I was told that my VIN was NOT on the list, but they covered it under warranty anyways.

KARAF

·
Registered
454 Posts
SKIROD said:
Hold on. Let me get the info. I just showed this to somebody today. For the facts stick around. But to the best of my ability tonight. Lift the rubber piece under the seat on 02 and 03 models. There will be a 4 digit code with the #s of manufacture. Now this is the cloudy part. Seems like 2552-2853 is the flanges effective. Any part number with a -03A is good. I will post this info tomorrow. Later SKI.
SKIROD,

Wich number are you referring to?

Attachments

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Sorry Dude!!!

V-Man said:
SKIROD,

Wich number are you referring to?

The picture you posted is cool. O.K. I just went to H-D net and checked the info. Whats sad is I just looked at it today :spank: . What you are look'in for is a 4 digits after the part #. Part # should be like #####-##. 5 numbers with a -02. If you see a -0#A, you do not need it. And on early '02s you will see all kinds of stuff. You will see the letters REV. then a number. Go to the next line down and look for a 4 digit code. The flanges effected are 2552( 255 day of '02) till 2303 (230 day of '03). If you lift up the flap and see, 3623, for exp. you would need a flange done. But if you see any # over 2303, your safe. Or if you see a -02A # your safe. Confusing? :hmm: e-mail me and I can help. Later SKI.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Confused Yes!

Mine has:

61327-01
REV. A 1613

This should put it right in the middle of the recall. Yet when I enter the VIN on the HD site it does not come up as needing replaced. I thought the dealer had replaced the flange.

Now I don't know. Have not had any problems.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
61327-01
REV. VA0102

This is mine confused also

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Guys this is mine. It's an 04 (produced 09/03). The number I'm assuming to be the one mentioned in the bulletin is 2333, which makes mine OK, if only by 3 days. Maybe Skirod can confirm I got this right?

Attachments

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
RUNIT you are not affected. Your bike is and early '02. Curly yes you are in the #s. Your Flange was Manf. on the 161 day of '03. You are intitled to do do this. It's your decision. If the bike has no problems at idle or load, it's your choice. Later SKI.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Thanks for the info SKIROD

·
Registered
132 Posts
Was this an actual recall or is this something that you have to request?

And does anyone have a copy of the letter they received that they could scan and post.

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Sorry MAX. If you go to your Stealer and ask for a copy of the PP8 Recall, or bulliten, they will give it to you. It's your right. If you have any problems with this, then go to Cust. Service. They will fax you a copy or mail one to you. Later SKI.

·
I love my V!!!
311 Posts
I received the letter and when I went to the dealer, my flange didn't fall into the range.

Did they notify anyone who bought a V or just those affected?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts