Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Deputy Rally Rouser
1,795 Posts
I dunno--'cause the dealership replaced mine gratis due to the service bulletin on them. Since yours is a 2003, you should check--it likely is covered as well!!!

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
Malloy said:
Is that the right price?

Thanks!
Naw, do a search here on the forum. Several of us bought a fitting from Ace hardware for $2 and fixed the issue permanently.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Malloy said:
Is that the right price? ...
If you're talking about HD part # 75173-01A, then yes, that's the MSRP for the plastic flange at the top of the gas tank (2002 thru 2006) where all the connections (both inside and out) are made.

If you're trying to solve the "fuel flange" fitting leak check this thread:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44689

As mentioned in this thread, if you're having this problem on an older VRSC bike, the dealer should fix it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thansk Steve, I should have specified the p/n.

Its an 03 that I bought off the 2nd owner. Warranty is expired. I took the pump assembly out and the metal fuel fitting was completely removed from the actual flange.

My thoughts are to replace the whole new flange with the updated p/n. I can probably rig the existing unit...but
I dont want to worry about my 'repair' failing and leaving me stranded. I ride solo often and I really dont like getting stranded ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Malloy said:
... Its an 03 that I bought off the 2nd owner. Warranty is expired. I took the pump assembly out and the metal fuel fitting was completely removed from the actual flange.

My thoughts are to replace the whole new flange with the updated p/n. I can probably rig the existing unit...but
I dont want to worry about my 'repair' failing and leaving me stranded. I ride solo often and I really dont like getting stranded ...
If you're saying the fuel feed line coming from the filter was disconnected when you removed the fuel flange from the tank (no evidence of previous owner manipulation), then this was a defect that the dealer should fix regardless of warranty status. Since you disassembled the flange you might need to do some sweet talking at the dealer but they should still replace this as a recall item. (see post #8 in: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24740)

If this was a problem caused by the previous owner then you may have to fix this yourself. Look through the thread I posted in post #4 of this thread (as well as others: search on "fuel flange repair") and it's possible that a hardware store pipe fitting will fix your problem without needing the entire flange.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I now have a bike that runs like a beast and my gas gauge works too ;) (not that I trust it)

$110 and my bike is 100% now. The prev owner was quoted (by the stealer) $550 for a full new assy and labor...and you know all they would have done is change the flange. Crooks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts