Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: How about 250.00 plus shipping?HD says:
"The look of leather with the convenience and security of a molded saddlebag. The Vinyl Covered Rigid Saddlebags feature a styled vinyl surface over a locking injection-molded base. Large enough to easily stow most half shell helmets, the gas spring holds the bag open for easy access. The unique internal lip design ensures a tight seal, and the exclusive four-bar linkage hinge system guarantees proper lid-to-base fitments. Bags and mounting hardware are easily removable so you can return to stock looks in minutes with simple tools."

Fits '02-'06 Domestic VRSCA and VRSCB models.

MSRP US $849.95

Here is the link on the Harley site.

http://tinyurl.com/ywof3j

I really don't use them anymore. They are used and have some damage. There are also some scuffs on the lids from boots. I am sure the scuffs can be cleaned up a bit but since I only use them when riding 2-up I really never bothered. The damage on the bottom looks to be from rocks or road debris. I have filled them with an epoxy to keep them from taring further. They are on the bottom side of the left bag and out of site. The right bag does not have damage to the bottom.

I am looking for 400.00 plus what ever shipping is to your zip. I am also entertaining best offers and trades with cash.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
myneed4speed said:
HD says:
"The look of leather with the convenience and security of a molded saddlebag. The Vinyl Covered Rigid Saddlebags feature a styled vinyl surface over a locking injection-molded base. Large enough to easily stow most half shell helmets, the gas spring holds the bag open for easy access. The unique internal lip design ensures a tight seal, and the exclusive four-bar linkage hinge system guarantees proper lid-to-base fitments. Bags and mounting hardware are easily removable so you can return to stock looks in minutes with simple tools."

MSRP US $849.95

I really don't use them anymore. They are used and have some damage. There are also some scuffs on the lids from boots. I am sure the scuffs can be cleaned up a bit but since I only use them when riding 2-up I really never bothered. The damage on the bottom looks to be from rocks or road debris. I have filled them with an epoxy to keep them from taring further. They are on the bottom side of the left bag and out of site. The right bag does not have damage to the bottom.

I am looking for 400.00 plus what ever shipping is to your zip. I am also entertaining best offers and trades with cash.
those are some pretty bad tears in the bottom of that left one. ive been looking for a set to use just when i go to sturgis once a year. but i cant give $400 for torn bags. sorry and good luck

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The picture makes them look worse then they are. The tears are on the bottom and aren't seen especially when the bike is on the side stand.

How about 350.00 plus shipping?????

I also added a new picture of the tears that i have attempted to repair with clear epoxy.

·
I know,I know..apes?
506 Posts
Are they fairly roomy? Can I see a pic with them open? I just finished grinding my brackets off, so I would need to get some more from somewhere..... but would like some semi-permanent storage.

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I can get the brackets for you. I will get a new picture of them open for you when I get home from work today. They are rated for 10lbs. per bag.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
V-Fred is looking for one......

·
Registered
90 Posts
myneed4speed said:
HD says:

MSRP US $849.95

still got'em?

·
1,738 Posts
I thought that I would mention that I took my damaged left bag to a motorcylce seat shop and they replaced the vinyl on the bottom half of the bag for $200 (mostly all labor). They did a great job, You cannot tell it from stock when on the bike.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
V-Fred said:
I thought that I would mention that I took my damaged left bag to a motorcylce seat shop and they replaced the vinyl on the bottom half of the bag for $200 (mostly all labor). They did a great job, You cannot tell it from stock when on the bike.
Excellent!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts