Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2011 V Rod Muscle for sale, love the bike but i just got orders to Alaska so it needs to go, absolutly no issues, already had its first service (at 970 miles at black hills Harley Rapid City SD) 1600 miles on the bike now, The color is Chrome Yellow with V&H slipons, V&H fuelpak, Kurican Iso grips, Oberon adjustable levers DDM Tuning 55w lowbeam, RRC headlight cowel, Hi/Low mod flipped mirrors, strapless, reflectorless, Harley side bag, also have stock exhaust and stock headlamp, willing to part out possibly, my cell is 605-786-3215 and the bike is in Rapid City SD any questions call or text(or pm on here)14,750

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probably could i just dont feel like paying 400 a month to only ride it a few months a year

·
Registered
818 Posts
Do not sell that bike bring it up.....I can even bring to Alaska for you. Just need to meet me west of Ellsworth somewhere. No cost to transport (well you would need to buy a Condor bike chock) it to Ak for you in my toy hauler. On average I can start riding about April through to about mid October. This year the start of good riding was May but we had record snowfall to get thru and so far it has been a great season.

Take it from a retired AF guy. You are not going to believe the amount of bikes you will see here. We are definately some of the most hardcore riders you will find. I even know of a few that ride all winter, not me, and not just trike guys. I have ridden down in the teens, fought a heavy road frost, hit a couple of big snow squalls and one heavy hail storm. Bad thing is no bridges to hide under.

·
FFFWD
765 Posts
Do not sell that bike bring it up.....I can even bring to Alaska for you. Just need to meet me west of Ellsworth somewhere. No cost to transport (well you would need to buy a Condor bike chock) it to Ak for you in my toy hauler. On average I can start riding about April through to about mid October. This year the start of good riding was May but we had record snowfall to get thru and so far it has been a great season.

Take it from a retired AF guy. You are not going to believe the amount of bikes you will see here. We are definately some of the most hardcore riders you will find. I even know of a few that ride all winter, not me, and not just trike guys. I have ridden down in the teens, fought a heavy road frost, hit a couple of big snow squalls and one heavy hail storm. Bad thing is no bridges to hide under.
FTW!!! For The Brotherhood!!! Good lookin' out EOD J ROD !!! Hey, lbzwoods, you inspired me to get the RRC visor... hate to see you sell your bike. :sad: Six months of riding a year ain't bad, especially as beautiful as Alaska is! $hit, I can't ride my bike in daytime here in PHX four months a year ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, ive done a little more research price is 14000obo thats for a stock bike, mine comes with stock parts and 1500 in aftermarket parts id love to take it with me but i wont thanks for the offers/help though

·
Registered
818 Posts
so, ive done a little more research price is 14000obo thats for a stock bike, mine comes with stock parts and 1500 in aftermarket parts id love to take it with me but i wont thanks for the offers/help though

I just remember the things I had left behind in my career and wish I did not. I am sure we will cross paths while you are here. There are very few V Rods here and I am sure you will not having a problem knowing which one is me. Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how many months out of the year could i ride above 60* honestly?

·
Registered
818 Posts
how many months out of the year could i ride above 60* honestly?
Roughly Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend is about right for Anchorage. Go north to Fairbanks and run the roads towards mid state and summer temps in the mid to high 80's would not be out of the question. Even seen some 90's on one ride two years ago. Now when I hear it's that warm I don't ride that way.

Once you get use to the weather here you will see yourself riding with temps in the 40's, easy day with a windshield. I took a ride this year thru Thompson's Pass and there was folks up there riding sleds and had snow along the road piled 10 feet high. Sorry no pics I some how left the camera on and killed the battery, but man what a ride.

I have started riding as early as the 1st week of March, just not early in the morning because of ice from freezing overnight, but the usual is mid April. The fall I have ridden to the last week in October. We generally see snow for Halloween but sometimes it does not stay so day riding is possible.

ON EDIT: It has been right about 60* since mid May so far this year. It has ranged from about 55* to 65* since school let out the 16th. Also our night time temperatures do not fall off like they do in the lower 48. May see a 5* to maybe 10* at night. Also remember we also can play golf after midnight this time of year.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do they use salt on the roads or sand? and if sand about how long is there still sand on the back roads?

·
Registered
818 Posts
do they use salt on the roads or sand? and if sand about how long is there still sand on the back roads?
Sand mixed with calcium cholrate.....it depends where at but by mid May things on your main travelled back roads are cleaned up. Then again you got the weinies that drive the shoulders and kick all the gravel back onto the roads in some of the better corners.

BTW 68* and bluebird skies all day and I'm stuck packing.

With the downsizing at Eilison I take it you are coming to Elmendorf?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes sir Elmendorf AFB, thats real good to hear about the weather though, im still up in the air about selling it but im not as worried now,

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
yes sir Elmendorf AFB, thats real good to hear about the weather though, im still up in the air about selling it but im not as worried now,
I can say that when hard times hit me and I had to sell my softail, I regretted it, the only good thing that came from it was once things settled down I was a proud owner of my Muscle :dance:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree with EOD, the riding in Alaska is beautiful and the main roads are in good condition.

I would say take the bike.

AND thank you and all our armed forces for your service. It is appreciated!

N437D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts