Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a 07 DX, so i am selling my A.
I am the second owner- had 3400 miles on it when i picked it up and it now has 9500 on it. It has never been laid down or anything. Regular maint done. Bike runs great and have never had problems.
Currently installed-
16g SE pipe (& download)
VMod drag bar (i may keep it if it will fit my DX)
golf club mirrors
chrome grips/pegs etc
VMOD forward control extensions (NOT FOR SALE)
misc chrome stuff

****PARTS BELOW ARE FOR SALE IN THIS THREAD****
Not installed (not pictured) but new parts-
chrome front/rear brake calipers
chrome hand controls
vmodded baffle for 16g SE pipe (not new)
chrome knurled grips
chrome fork sliders

Other parts-
windshield (forget which one- never use)
travel bag
travel rack
stock exhaust, bars, mirrors, controls etc.

Misc- autographed by Willie G and Bill Davidson

Asking price: $11,950 REV 1=$10,950

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont expect anyone here to buy this, but i thought i would post here anyway to get a good feel for what a good asking price would be.
Anyone have any thoughts? right now, i am thinking my price may be a little too high, but i'd rather start a little higher and go down from there...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would say that I have seen similar bikes go for around $11,000. You are in the ballpark, someone will always want to talk you down. Good Luck!

·
Registered
225 Posts
my father just traded his 03 in with SE exhaust and some other chrome this and thats adding up to about $2,000 .. he got $10,000 trade in so you may want to go check out what your dealer will give you for it.... he purchased a 2008 VRSCAW from them so they may have given him a better deal knowing he was getting another bike.. its worth a shot..... for us it wasnt worth the bother trying to sell it for $1,000 more then he got for trade in .. plus it had 18,000 miles on it

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info. The dealers i was working w/ didnt want to do a trade since they dont want any older v's on the floor. Plus i already bought my new bike.
I did ask the delear what the retail was and they told me $12,090 stock.

·
HeraldJ
173 Posts
Are you interested in selling some of the "parts not installed" such as:

chrome front/rear brake calipers
chrome hand controls

If so could you send me a price and pictures???

·
Registered
666 Posts
seriously, are you interested in trading airbox covers? I know it's not an even trade, but I would be willing to pay a fair price...

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
I am thinking about it. I am worse than a woman when it comes to putting stuff on or taking it off this bike. Pm me with a price on them.

·
Registered
503 Posts
for heavens sake.. don't take less the 11,000 you're asking.... that's a nice bike.. it has add ons most guys would want... being used means nothing except you don't get to put the stealers kids thru college.. stick to your price.. why give these things away?

It's the panicky sellers as much as the buyers who drive the values of used v rod down.. you don't see the air cooled guys giving their Harleys away..

good luck

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gthong said:
for heavens sake.. don't take less the 11,000 you're asking.... that's a nice bike.. it has add ons most guys would want... being used means nothing except you don't get to put the stealers kids thru college.. stick to your price.. why give these things away?

It's the panicky sellers as much as the buyers who drive the values of used v rod down.. you don't see the air cooled guys giving their Harleys away..

good luck
The price i have listed now is a forum price. I havent even posted or listed it anywhere else yet. The price was dropped because i recently sold all the parts that were going to go with it. I am not a panicky seller who is going to take a loss on this bike or give it away...

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AlexsRod said:
Hi

I am interested in Air Box cover and 16 ga modded baffles.
Let me know were i stand in line.

Alex
i havent really decided what to do w/ the cover yet - i would love to be able to give it to my dad since he was so stoked when i got it, but that means i need to buy another cover...

You are second in line for the baffles...

·
Registered
46 Posts
BRITT76 said:
i havent really decided what to do w/ the cover yet - i would love to be able to give it to my dad since he was so stoked when i got it, but that means i need to buy another cover...

You are second in line for the baffles...
Hey there,

I understand, if you could let me know either way.

Thanks again Alex

1 - 20 of 40 Posts