Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been plagued with an annoying oil leak coming from the forward/lower air box (rubber) vent hose and (now) possibly the base of the (brass) vent hose tube seated behind the forward head/cylinder. This particular tube fits loosely and wobbles in place when not seated inside the top (rubber) vent hose. I've manage to reduce the top leaks by the forums suggestions, but now fear the o-ring at the base of the vent tube is leaking. Does anyone know the correct way to remove this vent tube?

Many thanks

TiGeR

·
1,016 Posts
pull it straight out. there is a slight load compressing the oring to the vent tube when installed in the head bore..

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
TiGeR CLaW said:
Time to order up a few spare o-rings along with the vent hose.

Thanks for responding...

TiGeR
i believe that part has been upgraded for the '08 and can retrofit to '05 - '07 models. Check this PDF file.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sammy said:
i believe that part has been upgraded for the '08 and can retrofit to '05 - '07 models. Check this PDF file.
HOT DAMN !

Thanks a-million for sharing this info. I'll make sure to include a warning sticker on the airbox as well consiering the important service note. This is something I'm sure most folks will want to consider.

Thanks again bro

TiGeR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.