Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mike
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

From the frozen & snow covered grounds of Iowa. I'm sure looking for this weather to break. Just new to the group. I got an '03 V-Rod. I've made a few changes to it (V-Mod exhaust with PC, Sundowner seat, few chrome pieces). It's a great ride. Quite a step up from the old '83 Honda Shadow.

Does anyone have info on putting a 240/250 tire on the back of the bike? I've seen a few sites out there, but I wondered if anyone had any experience. If so, can you tell me where to buy, how much, any problems you've had?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:vrodforu: do a search! Theres are a Few of us Phat Tire Guys over Here! :kaz:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome Mike!!

:welcome: This is a great site! I'm sure that you will enjoy!

Val said:
welcome, Mike, from another ice-bound v-rodder!!! It WILL be spring soon, right????

Val, 32 days to go!!

-Bry

·
backcracker
735 Posts
32 long days, it is supposed to be 50 degrees on Friday Val in PA!!!!! Start making the path from the garage!!

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Dan said:
32 long days, it is supposed to be 50 degrees on Friday Val in PA!!!!! Start making the path from the garage!!
Oh yeah, :vrodforu:

I get a little excited when there is a chance of any temp over 15 around here.
You are gonna love the site.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Hooray, Bry and Dan!!! I just checked the local weather and they're saying 42 on Thurs and 44 on Friday here!! So far, the driveway is still clear from my efforts last week, so we should be good to go. And my electric sox arrived -- I sure needed them this morning. It was 1 degree when I left the house for ski patrol. Can't beat the sunshine, tho. :)) Dan - will you be riding???

Mike, are you due for a warm-up in Iowa, too?

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Doesn't look like it. I have the bike in pieces in the garage waiting for my shocks from Skullman and the new chromite lines to come in to the shop. Then I have to have them run all the new lines for me. Plus, getting the RT tomorrow and getting it dynoed soon. Looks like a little while for me. But enjoy yourself and ride safe!!! :biker:

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
The bike works great down to about 15F if you wear everything you've got in the closet!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Val said:
Hooray, Bry and Dan!!! I just checked the local weather and they're saying 42 on Thurs and 44 on Friday here!! So far, the driveway is still clear from my efforts last week, so we should be good to go. And my electric sox arrived -- I sure needed them this morning. It was 1 degree when I left the house for ski patrol. Can't beat the sunshine, tho. :)) Dan - will you be riding???

Val, ride a mile or two for me. My ride is still in the shop (swingarm). Hope to have it back by the weekend, if not sooner.

-Bry

·
Registered
257 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Mike
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, they are talking about a slight warm up here too. 40s is about it. I haven't ridden since New Years Day (54 degrees), unless you count last night when I had to move it around in my garage to get the car back in :>(

Val said:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts