Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh well, excuse for Muscle wheel then...

Attachments

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Usually only married men have to resort to such foolishness to gain justification for things they want.

I recall falling off a roof once (I wanted a pressure washer) and heading out in the woods with the truck and wife and getting hopelessly stuck in bottomless mud (I wanted a bumper mounted winch)

No more of that crap for me.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Or you can be a man and dowhatchawant!

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was being sarcastic - I can buy what I like. However, V-Rod bits in Portugal are not so simple, and this bike has to do a thousand mile run very shortly. I'd prefer not to be doing it on a visibly bent rim!

Just got a rear muscle wheel cheap on ebay, if we can get that fitted (not so easy on an 07 bike) then I'll see about a matching front.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I was joking of course.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have a spare solid front wheel from my 2003 taking up space if you need a loaner until you get some new duds on the V? the wheel is definately not perfect but it would be a good chromer or wheel cut blank. Pm me if you want it...

Neil.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
You can use all 08 or newer parts and that wheel will bolt on your bike. Get the axle,axle nut, bearings, bearing spacers, wheel spacers and this will put you back on the road.

You need to stop running into $hit. :D

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can use all 08 or newer parts and that wheel will bolt on your bike. Get the axle,axle nut, bearings, bearing spacers, wheel spacers and this will put you back on the road.

You need to stop running into $hit. :D
Hang on... I thought with the Muscle front wheel I could bung 07 bearings in it, and it would bolt straight on to the front of my 07 bike?

As for the rear wheels., V-Shop I think have sourced some snowmobile bearings that are the right width. Although now I type that, I may have misunderstood... Better go mail.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Hang on... I thought with the Muscle front wheel I could bung 07 bearings in it, and it would bolt straight on to the front of my 07 bike?

As for the rear wheels., V-Shop I think have sourced some snowmobile bearings that are the right width. Although now I type that, I may have misunderstood... Better go mail.
I don't know about those bearings, if you use the parts I listed the front wheel will bolt on your bike. :deal:

This is what I used to install the D wheels on my bike.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know about those bearings, if you use the parts I listed the front wheel will bolt on your bike. :deal:

This is what I used to install the D wheels on my bike.
Ah, right.

If I buy a new Muscle front it will come without bearings. I THINK 07 bearings will make it fit like the original. But I will check beforehand. The rear is the bleedin' problem. Until I have it in my hands I won't really know.

·
some call me NED
272 Posts
Did the same thing 6wks ago.Had a Reactor on order from a Hd shop in USA,but Harley keeps changing the release date, its now been put back to end of Sept. GGGRRR!!!,
Thinking about the BST wheel, but our roads can be bad here and I'm not sure about carbon fiber.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did the same thing 6wks ago.Had a Reactor on order from a Hd shop in USA,but Harley keeps changing the release date, its now been put back to end of Sept. GGGRRR!!!,
Thinking about the BST wheel, but our roads can be bad here and I'm not sure about carbon fiber.
Reactor is really heavy. Looks light, but it isn't - a cosmetic wheel. If you want alloy and light weight, Muscle seems to be the only choice. Trouble is, I think it is HIDEOUS. Really, really ugly, what was someone thinking?

I used to have a working bike, but mine has a dual personality now. It does shows (which, in Portugal, it wins), AND I ride it every day. Increasingly I keep different bits for different roles. The wheel guys were reluctant to bang the original wheel back RIGHT to shape in case they broke it. Once I have the new one, we'll take the risk, and I bet it will be fine. Then I'll use the (light) Muscle wheels, with sensible tyres, for riding, and the (pretty) V-Rod wheels (with the stupidest, fattest tyre I can cram on the rim) for shows.

·
some call me NED
272 Posts
Reactor is really heavy. Looks light, but it isn't - a cosmetic wheel. If you want alloy and light weight, Muscle seems to be the only choice. Trouble is, I think it is HIDEOUS. Really, really ugly, what was someone thinking?

I used to have a working bike, but mine has a dual personality now. It does shows (which, in Portugal, it wins), AND I ride it every day. Increasingly I keep different bits for different roles. The wheel guys were reluctant to bang the original wheel back RIGHT to shape in case they broke it. Once I have the new one, we'll take the risk, and I bet it will be fine. Then I'll use the (light) Muscle wheels, with sensible tyres, for riding, and the (pretty) V-Rod wheels (with the stupidest, fattest tyre I can cram on the rim) for shows.
Yes I agree I don't like the look of the muscle either,you can get your rim re-rolled instead of banging it,but it may need re chroming or painting

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way,what did you hit?
Nothing exciting. There's a speed hump near me, and everyone has braked in front of it, so the road surface is torn up, so you get a hole and then a bump. Ow. So I was clever and went a bit off line to avoid the hole. Error. What looked like a smoother surface was a deeper hole. I felt it was the rear that took the real hit. Not looking. Don't want to know.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
The CF wheel will hold up - it can handle the roads... :D

·
Banned
3,309 Posts

You can also use the front wheel off an 08 D. Same as the Muscle but with a little more powder coat. The rear would of course be a 180, way too skinny for you fatassed blokes.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Usually only married men have to resort to such foolishness to gain justification for things they want.

I recall falling off a roof once (I wanted a pressure washer) and heading out in the woods with the truck and wife and getting hopelessly stuck in bottomless mud (I wanted a bumper mounted winch)

No more of that crap for me.[/QUOTE]

Single now I'm guessing! :rofl:

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
That must have been a nasty impact! I'm surprised you didn't fall off the bike.
How much air pressure was in the tire?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts