Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
  1. Is there supposed to be a pin on the key side front wheel? It looks like the pin that goes through the wheel has a hole in it for a holding pin? Thank you in advance.
As Ron replied in other post. No, is only a method of holding axle while tightening or loosening the nut.

·
Registered
694 Posts
  1. Is there supposed to be a pin on the key side front wheel? It looks like the pin that goes through the wheel has a hole in it for a holding pin? Thank you in advance.
Stop....put down tool(s).

Buy service manual. Read. Make sure to use a torque wrench on reassembly.

Best advice you will get as this (and basically everything else on the bike) is covered very well in the SM.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasn't working on it. Just noticed it. Rather be safe than sorry. Changed oil/filter, Retuned and cleaned it up. I do need to get a manual. Thank you and anybody know where I can find a radiator overfill cap?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Wasn't working on it. Just noticed it. Rather be safe than sorry. Changed oil/filter, Retuned and cleaned it up. I do need to get a manual. Thank you and anybody know where I can find a radiator overfill cap?
Advanced auto parts has a radiator cap that fits exactly the same (can't recall the model as I took my old one in and had the parts guy hunt for a cap that looked the same/same pressure specs. Was about $5. From some foreign car I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts