Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is needed to convert my front turn signals on my 05 to the late type on the mirrors? Will whatever is needed plug right into my wiring or is some modification needed? I would really like to do this to clean up the front end. I'd appreciate whatever help you guys could offer.
Pepper

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
Saw this already yesterday and expected guys to jump on it to answer but no..
The most effortless and sure way it works is to find an Domestic muscle front signals controller and mirrors. hook up the original connector and done. But this is not really easy to find and also not a very cheap option... luck is needed to find one.

my way of doing this would be to get the aftermarket chrome/satin/black muscle mirrors and hook these up the signals. you may need an load equalizer because the tiny leds in these draw way less than the original incandescent bulbs and you will have a annoying fast flash warning and warning codes.
If that may be a option I could send you the links and I also could make a original connector for you with some wires (pigtail style) you can connect the mirror wires to. or cut your original wires. and also have a load resistor too you could try. (prob available at your bike shop too)
this setup is not having running lights and if I test out some here i could make that in it too for the yellowish lights in the mirrors. (there are some company's also making running light adaptors)

I also rebuild a few aftermarket (but oem also possible) muscle mirrors with yellow turn signal and white fading in and out white daylightdriving lights. the same two wire setup is used towards the mirrors and i put a controller inbetween the connector below. a setup i will prob make this winter again. need to change the controller and test some things for that.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
account for you need it. the current all these aftermarket or oem Harley mirrors use is very low compared to stock incandescent bulbs. on newer models the tssm can learn a new lower usage of power. the 05 does not do that but you could try if your still in the limits. it wont hurt anything. some mirrors come with resistors to add a load.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
I may be wrong but I seem to remember an issue several years back about the stems on the newer led embedded mirrors not fitting on the earlier handle bar mounts. Something about square pegs fitting in round holes.
'
Might want to check it out before investing bunches on monies.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Saw this already yesterday and my way of doing this would be to get the aftermarket chrome/satin/black muscle mirrors and hook these up the signals. you may need an load equalizer because the tiny leds in these draw way less than the original incandescent bulbs and you will have a annoying fast flash warning and warning codes.
If that may be a option I could send you the links and I also could make a original connector for you with some wires (pigtail style) you can connect the mirror wires to. or cut your original wires. and also have a load resistor too you could try. (prob available at your bike shop too)
this setup is not having running lights and if I test out some here i could make that in it too for the yellowish lights in the mirrors. (there are some company's also making running light adaptors)

I also rebuild a few aftermarket (but oem also possible) muscle mirrors with yellow turn signal and white fading in and out white daylightdriving lights. the same two wire setup is used towards the mirrors and i put a controller inbetween the connector below. a setup i will prob make this winter again. need to change the controller and test some things for that.
If you are wanting to do a set of these muscle mirrors that work with the NRS and still have running and turn signals. I will buy a set from you since you are rebuilding them. Please let me know and we can talk about it. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Pepper46

I recently fitted chrome brackets on my forks to relocate my front turn signals and had to cut the wires (close to the connector plug) inside the left cover in front of the "tank" before I would pull them out. Had to solder the wired and tape them before putting the cover back on. I would imagine you would have to do something similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Pepper46

I recently fitted chrome brackets on my forks to relocate my front turn signals and had to cut the wires (close to the connector plug) inside the left cover in front of the "tank" before I would pull them out. Had to solder the wired and tape them before putting the cover back on. I would imagine you would have to do something similar.
I already did the relocation with no problems. I see yours are on the top tree, which I've never seen. Nice ghost flames.
Pepper

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Hi Pepper46

You could of have just removed the pins from the connector. Much cleaner that way. No solder and tape to contend with. The Electrical Diagnostic manual tells you how. I believe there is a HOW TO on just this subject. I believe the author was MAX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.