Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the front turn signals come apart easily? I relocated my signals to the triple tree w/ choppersteve's relocation kit, but getting the turn signals onto the bolt is a bitch. The relocation bolt and the turn signal screw in the same way, and the wire to the signal isn't very long. So, I can only get about two threads or so or the turn signal onto the bolt (otherwise the wire would start to get twisted up). It feels secure, but I'd like it to be on better. If I could take the signal apart, I could install it and then put it back together.
Or - does the turn signal plug into to something inside the instrument housing? (I should havve looked when I was inside there). If so, is it a separate connection for left and right or are they joined. Any help is appreciated!! (I may have to find time to just take it apart and look at it)

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I took the connector apart at the instrument cluster and pulled out the two wires for the right side. That way I could turn the headlights all the way onto the bolt then fish the wires and put the connector back together.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Do you have a link for the Relo Kit.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
That's the way I did mine as well - took the connector apart at the clamshell. It took me a while to figure out how to get the wires out of the connector, but eventually did it. As a heads-up, I used a dental tool and stuck it in the back end of the connector (opposite end the wires come out of) to remove the wires.

The link for the relo kit is:
http://www.v-mod.com/shop/viewCategory.asp?CID=64,190
Part number 1913-0000

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finished

I put on the golf club mirrors, which meant I had to move the turn signals. It looks great!

I took apart the instrument clam shell and pulled the wire cluster that the signals went to. To be able to pull the wires out of this cluster, there is a small jaw that is attached at the sides. Open that then you will probably have to push the wires out from the back (be careful not to damage the connectors.) I used a very small screwdriver to push them out. I then screwed the signals onto the relocator studs most of the way in and tightened them with the nut. Then, I ran the wires under the triple tree and threaded up through the cluster and reassembled and zipped wires togeter w/ new zip tie.
Thanks for the help guys - :notworthy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts