Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried doing the "FRONT" turn signal reversal this morning and well everything went well, untill I tried to use the turn signals and found out that i had not inverted the connecting wires as i was supposed to :banghead:, however the lights worked, but when i tried different ways to plug the wires it just so happens that now my "FRONT" turn signals will NOT turn on or anything, i checked both fuse boxes and nothing, i don't have a voltmeter to see if i fried something, but i am truly lost right now and the bike is my work transportation, any suggestions? PLEASE HELP........

·
Registered
672 Posts
i really doubt u fried anything probably wires just in the wrong place in the connector. i did the same once on my vrscd and just put the wires in the correct spot and the lights worked. where did u run ur wires? take some pics when u r done.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
LED lights are polarized. You have the [+] and [-] leads reversed. Normal incandescent light bulbs are not polarized so you can get away with switching [+] and [-]. Not so on LEDs.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
so does this mean that the lights are fried then?
No. LEDs won’t work hooked up backwards but the reverse polarity usually won’t hurt as long as the reverse voltage specification (PIV or peak inverse voltage) isn’t exceeded. PIV for LEDs is usually at least twice the peak forward voltage specification.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. LEDs won’t work hooked up backwards but the reverse polarity usually won’t hurt as long as the reverse voltage specification (PIV or peak inverse voltage) isn’t exceeded. PIV for LEDs is usually at least twice the peak forward voltage specification.
gotcha.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Stever975, would you kindly see my post (10/16 "Help plz...") and send me feedback, as I now have to continue my needle-in-haystack search for Muscle compatible in-line LED front turn signals. Much appreciated. JR (username "rayaspirus")

1 - 7 of 7 Posts