Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Making the UK Fatter
Joined
·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just done the front turn signal re-locate to the lower triple clamps and not too sure what I think. I did'nt like them much on the bars, but they look a bit cumbersome now I've moved them. Need some smaller ones, so just wondering what my options are? and where I can obtain them.
We have loads of mini indicators available here in the UK but they all have a bolt fixing. :confused:
 

Attachments

·
just a ghost now
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
I just put Kuryakin silver bullets on the relocation studs from vmod.com on the lower triple tree, very pleased with the results. The silver bullets are a halogen light, about inch and a half in OD, small and sleek. Only catch is they are turn signals only, no running lights, although you can get silver bullets to do both functions. Simple wiring change, one wire from light. Other thing is the relocation stud thread is 5/16"x24 and the silver bullets I got, #2303, is 5/16"x16, so I had to drill out silver bullet housing and install a 5/16x24 helicoil in each one. Took me about 10 minutes per housing to helicoil,and the end result I'm very happy with, instead of those big stockers hanging from the bars or triple trees. Silver bullets are $90 a set.
 

·
Geezer
Joined
·
13,343 Posts
Or you can get turn signal mirrors and scrap them completely....
 

·
Making the UK Fatter
Joined
·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
I seek only water...
Joined
·
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Keep in mind the re-lo kit form harley is some very scrappy tin metal. In my opinion a very poor DOWNGRADE! Hardly a upgrade. You have to see them in person. Just a very simple clamp, wires become more exposed then i like...just a cheap part, which i guess could be a good thing.

Best option is turn signal mirrors. They really clean up the front end.
 

·
spit happens
Joined
·
5,532 Posts
You also can get turn signals for the end of the grips.
 

·
I seek only water...
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
russojerry said:
Keep in mind the re-lo kit form harley is some very scrappy tin metal. In my opinion a very poor DOWNGRADE! Hardly a upgrade. You have to see them in person. Just a very simple clamp, wires become more exposed then i like...just a cheap part, which i guess could be a good thing.
I wouldn't know, my relo's are from V-Mod -- and they are good to go.
 

·
Wretched Excess.....
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
vrodvinny said:
You also can get turn signals for the end of the grips.
Hey Vinny, where do you get the "bar end" signals. I saw some I think at the Breathless performance site but they were really expensive. Have you seen them elswhere? :confused:
 

·
just a ghost now
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Chopper Steve at v-mod.com has some inexpensive bar end signal lights.....check em out.
 

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
Joined
·
1,485 Posts
Hey Michael,

Are you running with any aftermarket units as PCIII or Race Tuner ??
My point is , Have you put your rod on a Dyno yet since you put on the radiator shroud covers?????
 

·
Wretched Excess.....
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
Thanks Polizzio. The signals from V-Mod look pretty nice and are a hell of a lot more reasonable. :cheers:
 

·
I seek only water...
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
LENELSA said:
Hey Michael,

Are you running with any aftermarket units as PCIII or Race Tuner ??
My point is , Have you put your rod on a Dyno yet since you put on the radiator shroud covers?????
Yupper..... PCIIIr..... had it tuned, retuned actually at the HD dealership about two weeks ago. No problems. I got the grilles in November then got a DynoJet tune..... no problems.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
LENELSA said:
Hey Michael,

Are you running with any aftermarket units as PCIII or Race Tuner ??
My point is , Have you put your rod on a Dyno yet since you put on the radiator shroud covers?????
Bad idea to dyno your bike with those covers on. The covers don't allow the air to get into the radiator. If you haven't seen the birth of the V-rod I would watch it. There is a reason the radiator is shaped like it is with those fins. They tried different types and couldn't get the bike to cool right. Those covers will reduce the cooling affect of your radiator. I'd be very careful sitting still, it will overheat. The fans can't cool it down enough. I watched my bike heat up on the dyno, it was 98.45 degrees inside the booth. The big fans can't cool it down.
 

·
Making the UK Fatter
Joined
·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just unwrapped the bike this morning and they look OK to me now, must be growing on me. I will put the smoked trim rings on too.
Thanks for the advice, I stuck a picture up too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
439 Posts

·
Making the UK Fatter
Joined
·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
VROD AL said:
MICHAEL333,

Does the turn signal "bumb" against the airbox when you lock you front fork?

Thanks! :thumb:
I checked that with mine and it looks like more room to spare than the standard fitment on the bars
 

·
I seek only water...
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
VrodRick74 said:
Bad idea to dyno your bike with those covers on. The covers don't allow the air to get into the radiator. If you haven't seen the birth of the V-rod I would watch it. There is a reason the radiator is shaped like it is with those fins. They tried different types and couldn't get the bike to cool right. Those covers will reduce the cooling affect of your radiator. I'd be very careful sitting still, it will overheat. The fans can't cool it down enough. I watched my bike heat up on the dyno, it was 98.45 degrees inside the booth. The big fans can't cool it down.
Rick, that doesn't make sense to me. First, the grilles do allow air to pass -- that's what they do. Second, the bike is static; the fans, which were offset on both sides were cooling the engine directly. Third, I did see "Birth of the V-Rod" and do understand the critical nature of the inlets and vortex generators -- in normal ram air operation. Fourth, I saw them constantly taking temperature readings and there were never any problems. And finally, I saw the tech, who is supposedly one of the best, look at the grilles without issue.

I would say that the ambient temps, in both tunings was in the 70's/60's, probably made the difference. It's not a matter of absolutes where the grilles and inlets air are concerned.
 

·
I seek only water...
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
VROD AL said:
MICHAEL333,

Does the turn signal "bumb" against the airbox when you lock you front fork?

Thanks! :thumb:
There is a ample clearance Al.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top