Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the stock front tire on my 2003 A model and would like to go with Metzler. What tire and size do I need to buy. I would like to order it online instead of paying a higher price at the dealership. I have never bought a tire on line so the more detail you can give the better. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I used a ME880 of the same size, 120/70x19. If you search the tire threads you should find the best place to buy them. Finding a place to mount & balance it may be a bigger problem since not everyone will mount a tire not bought from them.

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
fnaveed said:
I need to replace the stock front tire on my 2003 A model and would like to go with Metzler. What tire and size do I need to buy. I would like to order it online instead of paying a higher price at the dealership. I have never bought a tire on line so the more detail you can give the better. Thanks for your input.
I bought my replacement Metzelers on Ebay, the best price I found. If you pull your wheels off yourself take them into any Cycle Gear, they will mount and balance your tire for you for cheap. Military gets 10% off, I don't exactly remember the cost but something like under $60 total. Removing the tires is one of the easiest things I have done on the bike so far, very simple.

·
CEMIRT Lifer
524 Posts
Cycle Gear

Night Rodder said:
I bought my replacement Metzelers on Ebay, the best price I found. If you pull your wheels off yourself take them into any Cycle Gear, they will mount and balance your tire for you for cheap. Military gets 10% off, I don't exactly remember the cost but something like under $60 total. Removing the tires is one of the easiest things I have done on the bike so far, very simple.

:them:
Did the same; w/Military discount it cost me only $25!!! Still under 30 bucks and a great deal w/o a discount.
Chazy

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will go with the Metzler ME 880 120/17X19 in the front. I believe cycle gear carries them.
If I wanted to buy a matching rear tire in 200 size to fit on my stock wheel which one would I need to buy. Does the ME 880 series come in a 200 size rear tire also?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I just came from my local Cycle Gear today, looking for Metzlers for my
'04 VRSCB. They told me they can only mount OEM original sizes on
any bike. They won't mount a 200 width for my bike.:mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just picked up 2 Metz's from Cycle Gear in Orange CT and they mounted them without problem. They don't normally stock them but delivery was only 2 days. Biggest pain was finding a T35 Torx bit for the front axle pinch bolts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts