Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 vrscdx and have noticed lately that when going over bumps and such the handle bars seem to wobble like. They go from left to right a few times . I dont remember this happening before. Its not uncontrollable but a bit nerve racking. Any ideas ? My bike is lowered an inch in rear but has been since I got it.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
How do you check the bearings or fall away ?
Plenty of vids on that. Jack the bike up until front wheel is off the ground. The dimension you are looking for is 2-4" both ways from the center line of the front fender lip. A SM is a good investment as it covers how to do it as well as torques needed should adjustment is done. Running the head bearings too loose will trash the races. If you need to do it , you will need to loosen the pinch bolt on the stem and either the upper fork tubes or lower. I just loosen all of the uppers. This requires removing the headlight cowl with the headlight attached but unplugged. Using the center stem bolt, snug or loosen as needed to get the fall away within spec. There is a torque spec for this bolt but I find it useless. Go with desired fall away instead. Torque all of the pinch bolts in the upper tripple clamp to 30-35 foot lbs as well as the stem pinch bolt.
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts