Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2014 nightrod does anyone know where to buy the spring washers or wave washers that go on the front floating rotors Harley wants 3.50 each I feel like that’s a smack in the face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I got a 2014 nightrod does anyone know where to buy the spring washers or wave washers that go on the front floating rotors Harley wants 3.50 each I feel like that’s a smack in the face

Have you looked into McMaster Carr or Fastenal for a match. I agree 3.50 each is stupid and a suitable replacement from a fastener center will be much cheaper. Some examples here but these are in inches.
https://www.mcmaster.com/wave-disc-spring-washers
If you find a match, can you post the part number please?

Ron

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
12.6 x 19 x .63 there’s the dimensions I cannot find anything

Like you , I did some searching. Once again the pricks made them so oddball in size you are a slave to the dealer. I did find old Ebay listings but no longer exist.
Ron

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh I came up with same results I searched McMaster, grainger, fasteners direct, and came across those ebay listings I’m thinking I might have to bite the bullet on this one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
LOL’s...old biker here buying a vrod. Yeah, the Shovelhead had so much Parts interchangeability. Juice master cylinders from auto parts store for $7 versus $60 from dealer��. “Normal” fasteners and washers. You could cross reference all the bearings from Timken, bend your own hard brake lines, sending units, brake switches...all standard stuff.

·
VRSC est -03
3,092 Posts
Just checked price at our dealer over here. Washers #6966M $5.17 each. Crazy! In stock (wonder why :)).

·
Registered
132 Posts

That price is for a pack of 5 at $3.50 each. You can also get them cheaper at Surdyke. But if your dealer is selling each individual washer at $3.50 then you need to ask the parts manager if the comes with complimentary cream pie in his "old lady".

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
That price is for a pack of 5 at $3.50 each. You can also get them cheaper at Surdyke. But if your dealer is selling each individual washer at $3.50 then you need to ask the parts manager if the comes with complimentary cream pie in his "old lady".
All Harley prices are per piece not however many is in a pack. The price in UK is £2.73 plus tax each washer.

This is copied from HD pricelist.

"If part description has a number in brackets, this indicates the quantity required and NOT how many come in a packet (e.g. "BOLT, bridge (2)")"

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
All Harley prices are per piece not however many is in a pack. The price in UK is £2.73 plus tax each washer.

This is copied from HD pricelist.

"If part description has a number in brackets, this indicates the quantity required and NOT how many come in a packet (e.g. "BOLT, bridge (2)")"
Sorry. I did not even look to see you were European. Here in the States, they are sold in the packet. I guess that is a difference of living in a country where you have to purchase separately, in order to pay for socialized health care versus a country where we are Making America Great Again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I went in there and talked to them the said that it is price each not 5 pack unless they are just completely ripping me off

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
LOL’s...old biker here buying a vrod. Yeah, the Shovelhead had so much Parts interchangeability. Juice master cylinders from auto parts store for $7 versus $60 from dealer��. “Normal” fasteners and washers. You could cross reference all the bearings from Timken, bend your own hard brake lines, sending units, brake switches...all standard stuff.
Ain't that the truth ! Almost makes one nostalgic. I had at different times a '72,FLH ,a '73 FLH and a '74 FX .
Maybe I ought to look for an 82-83 FXR. :hidesbeh:

No shortage of Shovelhead parts in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Sorry. I did not even look to see you were European. Here in the States, they are sold in the packet. I guess that is a difference of living in a country where you have to purchase separately, in order to pay for socialized health care versus a country where we are Making America Great Again.
Copied from Ronnies HD in AMERICA

"Numbers shown are quantities used per assembly. Prices are based on a quantity of one (Each). Order the quantities needed for repair."

Harleys price lists have always been priced per piece, even if supplied to the dealer in multiple items per packet. If you have been lucky enough for some poorly knowledged sales guy to sell you a packet for the price of one item then great for you (and I hope that luck continues for you) but us unlucky mortals will have to continue to pay the full prices!:broke:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts