Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has probably been covered before but I am looking for the best and safest way to remove the front fork reflectors.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ketsugo said:
I just pried them off with my hands and cleaned up the excess glue with lighter fluid.

John
After I posted this, I read back and found the info. Thanks for the help anyway.........Was going to leave them on for safety but the more I'm looking at them, they do not do this bike justice.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Vincent said:
Then wipe the residue off with some turps.
Ah! Another British colloquialism - "Turps". We usually don't abbreviate "turpentine" here in the US, or we substitute the more generic-sounding "mineral spirits" to describe the aromatic paint solvent.

Having lived in both the US and the UK, you get to be very aware of even the smallest differences in usage.

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Used a heat gun on low heat, then peeled the reflector & double sided tape right off. Used a little 'Goo-Gone' to clean up the residue. :thumb:

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Vrod-tlam said:
Used a heat gun on low heat, then peeled the reflector & double sided tape right off. Used a little 'Goo-Gone' to clean up the residue. :thumb:[/QUOT

I tried the dental floss on mine. cut my hands up great, reflectors still stuck like sh1t to a blanket.
The hair drier is next.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
mr_vrodder said:
Vrod-tlam said:
Used a heat gun on low heat, then peeled the reflector & double sided tape right off. Used a little 'Goo-Gone' to clean up the residue. :thumb:[/QUOT

I tried the dental floss on mine. cut my hands up great, reflectors still stuck like sh1t to a blanket.
The hair drier is next.
Wear gardening gloves or mechanics gloves when you use the floss.

John

·
Petrolhead
414 Posts
Hammer and chisel worked for me..........

seriously.how about fishing line (with gloves)

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Ketsugo said:
Wear gardening gloves or mechanics gloves when you use the floss.

John

Thick leather gloves, now why did I not think of that, I have a pair 3 foot away from my Vrod. Sometimes I have my head up my A** :spank:

·
4,638 Posts
The magic potion is as follows.....

1 Bat Ear (Left if possible)
3oz of lizard urin
1 old Fuel Flange
1/2 of the dogs ass
1 tsp of Skippy Peanut Butter (Creamy)

One cracker

Now we have KAZ dice the Bat Ear into small portions, Poor the Lizard Urine over the Bats Ear then turn the Dogs Ass upside down now insert the Fuel Flange, into the Dogs Ass Slowly mix the items while adding the Peanut Butter... Whip it for about 5 min....(The Potion KAZ nothing else....) After whipping it for 5 min spread the mixture onto a craker...close eyes and eat cracker....NOW UNCOVER YOUR BIKE AND BREATH ON THE FORKS THE DAMM REFLECTORS WILL FALL RIGHT OFF...REMEMBER TO MASK OFF ALL THE CHROME ON THE BIKE CAUSE YOUR BREATH WILL PIT THE HELL OUT OF IT......

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
It Takes 5 MINUTES TO UNWRAP! :kaz:

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ricky G. said:
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
The dental floss did not cut it. Used a blow dryer, pulled the reflectors off by hand. Heated up the residue and used a wooden paint stirrer to peel it off. A little WD-40 and the job was done in a about 15 minutes.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Ricky, you are in rare form this weekend bro. Keep it up... you guys are cracking me up!!!

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Ricky, I could not find a Bat ear so I used a piece of waxed string (known as lacing twine in the comms industry) with the thick leather gloves on and the orange pieces of cr*p are gone.
You guys have to remember that we strugggle here in the UK to get many things you Americans take for granted, i.e. Bat ears and Skippy peanut butter.

·
4,638 Posts
mr_vrodder said:
Ricky, I could not find a Bat ear so I used a piece of waxed string (known as lacing twine in the comms industry) with the thick leather gloves on and the orange pieces of cr*p are gone.
You guys have to remember that we strugggle here in the UK to get many things you Americans take for granted, i.e. Bat ears and Skippy peanut butter.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
If you heat it slowly with a hairdryer you can peel the reflectors off like nothing. If you do this slowly enough, there even is not a fraction of glue left.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used a hammer as if I was removing a nail. A folded towel against the fork provided the cushion and protection; worked great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts