Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know from reading as many threads as I can find on it that, you guys seem to think 30t pulley is way to go over 28t pulley. Would going to a 32t front pulley benefit us, or is ittoo much? Whats the verdict.

·
Noel
4,585 Posts
IMHO, I think you might have this wrong.

Going to a 32 would make first gear starts worse than they are with the 30 tooth on early models & International models. The only advantage irregardless of drivable gearing would be fuel economy.

HD went lower with the 28 tooth, many of us racer types have gone further with a 26 tooth.

·
Noel
4,585 Posts
I see in your prior post's you installed the 26, are you not happy with the performance?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
He is putting a turbo on...

As stated before....The 28 T ramps the rpm'sto high in 1 /2 nd gear.
Thus not allowing you use the boost from the turbo.

If you go with the 32 T you better be racing at the flats...lol

You will play hell getting the bike to get going...IMHO.

Use your 28T first then go with the the 30 T and see for yourself.

Good Luck
rod

·
Registered
400 Posts
I know from reading as many threads as I can find on it that, you guys seem to think 30t pulley is way to go over 28t pulley. Would going to a 32t front pulley benefit us, or is ittoo much? Whats the verdict.
If you have a 26tooth and decide to swap it out for a 30 or 32 i'll buy it from you.

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
32 tooth would be interesting to try though, but if you did alot of city riding i would guess that it would not be a very good combo but i have been wrong before.

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
good luck riding 2 up with a 32t

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I trust in rod, has never let me done with advice yet. I will try the 28t, and then maybe play with the 30t. Turbo would have been installed already, but my brother passed away from a heart attack, and have had to handle a few things. I got started, then had to take some time off, and plan to get it finished this weekend. Thanks for everyone who offered some advice.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Very Sorry to hear this.

Prayers to you and your family.

If I can help just let me know.

rod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts