Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get some ideas from anyone and everyone on a front headlight.I hate the front headlight on the r and have been looking for something else for quite a while i have bought about 2 or 3 headlights ranging from streefighter looking to small car headlights(losing money on all of them)I dont want something sticking way out of the forks i want something that looks flush with forks maybe a double headlight(Ihave bought a double headlight too it looked to big) some pics of your bikes and maybe some websites that are different(Ihave been on almost every headlight vrod harley street bike site)would be greatly apperciated for the help and would be cool to see some other ideas.here is a picture of my bike maybe someone else has a good idea for me because i am frustrated bad thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Stop killing your self! Remove the stock headlight, take it apart, have the freshly painted (black) headlight shell ready to swap the parts into, and bolt it back on with a small visor. The black makes it just about disappear, and the visor takes away the shape that is of questionable taste. Peek in my gallery - I did the same trick a few years ago, painting the shell to match the tins, and it looks WAY better, to me. Plenty of used headlight shells around. Here, ebay, craigslist. Post up in wanted. Add a VRSCX flyscreen, and call it good. Look at Dancing Dogs's bike. Way cool. Good luck. Joe

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
done

i will ship mine on monday i will pm you on sunday night to make sure we are both for sure. and i will need your add and you will get headlight,bracket,bulbs.i will take a close up tomm just so you can get a better look thanks

·
pronounced "shane"
449 Posts
Many of us have done this swap. There's a pic or two in my gallery for you to see what the fairing looks like on our inverted forks. One of my favorite things about the DX fairing is that I can't see the front wheel when I'm riding. It gives the illusion that I'm flying over the road instead of riding on it. If the fellow who has the DX fairing/light has not upgraded to the brighter bulb, you should purchase one before you install the standard DX light - big difference. Also make sure you guys swap wiring harnesses.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
I am doing the swap to a DX fairing right now. Bought a used one from another member and it goes out for paint Monday. It is a stright up swap 2 bolts and a plug. (other than colr of course) Prices generally range from 175 to 250 for the complete set up, here or on ebay. Going to put a fresh bulb in too, although some have gone to HID lights from DDM.com ( I think) but that gets more complicated.

·
pronounced "shane"
449 Posts
...Going to put a fresh bulb in too, although some have gone to HID lights from DDM.com ( I think)...
The higher intensity bulb I got was straight from the dealer. Required nothing else (no special harness, etc.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.