Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,796 Posts
Just bring it over Sunday, one hour service!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It is a 30 mm socket that is required. I can ship you the one I had turned down to fit for removing the flange.
Turned down? Does that mean the one in the photo below will NOT work?
SO I have my 30mm and all the parts. from my Book it appears that when Done it should look like the 2nd photo but yet I have a piece left over that I have no idea what to do with. It doesn't fit inside the hole in the flange.

Attachments

·
brett
9,338 Posts
answers on fb ,,but here goes again ,lol,take the black cap back off and sit that extra bit in with the flat side down ,the three cut out on the flange are so you can use a punch ,screwdriver or something to flare it out in those spots ,

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Turned down? Does that mean the one in the photo below will NOT work?
SO I have my 30mm and all the parts. from my Book it appears that when Done it should look like the 2nd photo but yet I have a piece left over that I have no idea what to do with. It doesn't fit inside the hole in the flange.
It will be close. Mine did not so I had it turned down. If it fits on the nut when it is in the pulley then you will be fine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
Expect a 10% speedometer error, unless you get the Harley flash over or do something else to adjust the speedo. When HD changed the flange they also raised the rev limiter from 9000 to 9500 to compensate the loss of top end due to lower gearing.

Your bike will feel better in traffic and have a tiny bit more grunt from a stop, otherwise the difference is negligible.

·
Premium Member
10,796 Posts
Adds 500 rpm at 70 mph.
Wait- an R part on David's bike? Sweet! Joe

·
The Hawk
3,754 Posts
The change in the speedometer reading is actually 7% and if I remember correctly they did not change the rev limiter, it is still set at 8950. You can get the Dealer to reflash the ECM for the 28 tooth sprocket and your speedo will be dead on. Some Dealers will do that for free, at least mine did in Kauai several years ago, takes about 5 min. to do.

Mike

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Adds 500 rpm at 70 mph.
Wait- an R part on David's bike? Sweet! Joe
500rpm increase from a 30T to a 28T? Dang. I guess the 26T adds another 500 on top of that @ 70mph. So you're looking at something like 46-4700 with a 28T & 52-5300 rpm @ 70 mph with a 26T.

·
Registered
7 Posts
goes back on fairly easy I know my bike had a seal /washer behind the nut you will need a new one 3$ make sure you dont spin the shaft/flange while removing and re installing the flange nut..
I'm in the re-install of the flange and quick question...what if I did spin the flange/shaft just a bit when tightening the nut?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts