Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how far this would drop the front of a DX, I've got all the parts found, however; after my ride this Sunday morning and bottoming the bike out when I ran over pennies in the road, I'm a touch hesitant, it's been lowered with Progressive 12" shocks in the back already but I can't find anything that looks like the Buell swap, just looking for some ideas so I can still ride this bike, roads in Oklahoma are terrible for those of you who don't know. - Chas

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Well, the stock wheel is 19 inches, the Buell wheel is 17 inches. You would drop the front end about 1 inch.

The rear end would drop about 1/2 inch.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
rjrivero said:
Well, the stock wheel is 19 inches, the Buell wheel is 17 inches. You would drop the front end about 1 inch.

The rear end would drop about 1/2 inch.
They work great going straight but it's a little low to be knee draggin:kaz:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lack of peg dragging is fine, the bike doesn't really like to turn on the 240 anyways :) I just don't want to run the risk of bottoming out while riding and cracking a radiator or something else, I also didn't know if the DX forks were lower than the A or B forks to begin with. On a side not, what size of tire do people run on the front wheels, I'm leaving the back one stock right now, can't find a 240-60 tire in a 17" size.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
RedBaron said:
The lack of peg dragging is fine, the bike doesn't really like to turn on the 240 anyways :) I just don't want to run the risk of bottoming out while riding and cracking a radiator or something else, I also didn't know if the DX forks were lower than the A or B forks to begin with. On a side not, what size of tire do people run on the front wheels, I'm leaving the back one stock right now, can't find a 240-60 tire in a 17" size.
You can get the fronts in the stock width. You won't find a rear tire 17 inch in 240 because they just aren't wide enough to accommodate them. I'm sure if you talk to Kosman, they could hook you up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts