Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, has anyone fitted hyperpro or similar frint springs, in slow traffic start stop the front end dives with the lightest of touches, very unverving, hyperpro say it helps , havent fitted them as yet , just wanted to put feelers out to guys that have the same problem , cheers tony,

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Not enough fork damping - you need to go to a thicker grade fork oil first - unless you're a large heavy guy the springs you have should be OK with maybe a set of preload spacers - which forks do you have conventional or upside down ? If any fork seal leakage you'll need a rebuild and could add springs and possible gold valves or cartridges at that time - about $ 1000 US at a suspension shop though - :(

·
VRSCF
1,301 Posts
You can try springs and oil, I did first, but still didn't have the desired effect, especially for 2 up riding.
Eventually I had a Traxxion Dynamics cartridge kit fitted, basically bringing the forks into the modern world :) never looked back, hardly any dive at all, handles great even with a pillion.

Had it fitted by Gareth at Reactive Suspension near York https://www.reactivesuspension.com/index.php

just noticed his workshop is shut until Autumn because he is teaching too many suspension classes. There are other places in the UK that will fit you a Traxxion or Ohlins or other suspension kit for your forks.

Can also recommend Neil at Parkitt Racing Parkitt Racing Motorcycle Service Workshop Dyno and Suspension Centre

·
Registered
28 Posts
On my Muscle are Hyperpro progressive springs mounted. The difference is like summer and winter.
It is combined with Hyperpro progressive shocks on the rear and tyres are the Pirelli Night Dragons.
Highly recommanded.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I installed Ricor Intminators in the front of my 06A, smoother suspension ride, along with greatly reduced front end dive during braking and hard cornering, without having to go to a thicker oil.
I run the 10 Wt for sport setting and can use 5 wt for normal cruising. Wow on sale too

Front Suspension | RICOR

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi all, has anyone fitted hyperpro or similar frint springs, in slow traffic start stop the front end dives with the lightest of touches, very unverving, hyperpro say it helps , havent fitted them as yet , just wanted to put feelers out to guys that have the same problem , cheers tony,
I put progressive springs on the front forks. Only cost a couple hundred bucks. Huge difference in ride comfort and control. Like a brand new bike!

·
Registered Insane
Two 2003 VRSCA's: CTHULHU is Black/Sterling, N/A ; EVIL TWIN is Anodized and S/C
1,044 Posts
I have Patriot Genesis minus 1 inch front suspension and 30wt fork oil. Handles like a slot car (exaggeration) with a 2006 VRSCSE2 triple tree on my 2003.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you so much guys , really usefull info and interesting read about different combinations, ive bought some hyperpro progressive springs and ricor intimators, that should do the trick ,cant wait to get the job done and not have to worry about coming to a stop and unsettling the bike, i might get the 06 trees and alter the rake angle with some flat tracker style handlebars next , now just waiting ror a certain company to finish developing a mid control kit for the 03 and the bike will be perfect

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought some ateredstate design 3 inch reduced reach forward controls as im a short arse, and ther mentioned they are developing a mid control set but its a difficult project, that was over 2 years ago so im expecting some news soon , i can higly recommend their stuff

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought some ateredstate design 3 inch reduced reach forward controls as im a short arse, and ther mentioned they are developing a mid control set but its a difficult project, that was over 2 years ago so im expecting some news soon , i can higly recommend their stuff
That would be nice to see. I have an OEM mid control setup for my 06VRSCD. I love mids, as I'm short statured and come from a sport bike background.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts