Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone ever used this before or bought from these guys?

http://www.ms-biketec.de/Bike-Shop/...cial_artikel,artikel-30056,kategorie-603.html

Any info or similar (preferably local) product would be helpful. I like this more than the for boots but i dunno if I like it 379 euros more.
i like the look of these also but aside from the price theyre no good to me as im using a superbrace. im just waiting on a forum member that will have the upper set for sale and i might try finding some suitable rubber boots to finish off.
cheers sonny

ps there is a member on here makes these covers Buckeye826

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you like the look, you'll need to sell at least one kidney and your first born to pay for it!
had to go and have another look at your bike Rab....didnt notice that mod....was too busy looking at your turbo. is the front end air ride too or just dropped?
cheers sonny
ps.. ive just gone back and read all the posts and answered my own question re forks.....1'' drop looks cool.

·
2007 VRSCDX
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you like the look, you'll need to sell at least one kidney and your first born to pay for it!
They are both already on ebay and craigslist. Just waiting on a buyer then I can pull the trigger on these.

·
Registered
43 Posts
not only looks good but the Progressive springs eliminate the sponginess of the stock system. Doesn't dive every time I touch the front brakes.
yeah i know what your saying. i used a set of yss springs and pd valves and the front end is heaps better under brakes/corners. also just fitted a superbrace but with the rain weve been having i should have bought floaties:)
hey rab ive got family in mackay and the father inlaw was born in sarina. next time im up that way i'll send you a pm see if we can catch up for a beer and a yarn.
cheers sonny

·
Registered
362 Posts
yeah i know what your saying. i used a set of yss springs and pd valves and the front end is heaps better under brakes/corners. also just fitted a superbrace but with the rain weve been having i should have bought floaties:)
hey rab ive got family in mackay and the father inlaw was born in sarina. next time im up that way i'll send you a pm see if we can catch up for a beer and a yarn.
cheers sonny
No worries mate.

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
sure i've seen on here somewhere a need to alter your front fender (i could be wrong)

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
i have the caps and covers for in-between the triple trees. i didn't get the slider cover, however they are pricy i really believe you get what you pay for. i'm not disappointed in these at all.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i have the caps and covers for in-between the triple trees. i didn't get the slider cover, however they are pricy i really believe you get what you pay for. i'm not disappointed in these at all.
How does the paint match up with the stock? I'm planning on getting this set as well.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
they are not painted. they are powder coated, which matches the rest of the powder coating exactly. they fit right in with the triple trees and the frame.

·
Registered
423 Posts
they are not painted. they are powder coated, which matches the rest of the powder coating exactly. they fit right in with the triple trees and the frame.
Sorry...that is what I meant. I should have rephrased it as a color match not a paint match. Good to hear they match. Their products are some of the best around that I can't wait to see them on my ride.
Cheers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is a member on here that makes, and has sold a few hundred, the upper fork covers and is in the process of making the lower fork covers that cover the travel part of the fork. He's Buckeye826

Now I don't have to sell neighborhood children to get a pair.

Sanddman

·
2007 VRSCDX
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great Link

I just spent some of the hard earnt, should arrive in a week or so hopefully!
a week from germany? I've ordered beer from belgium and it took over a month but if shipping is reasonable and it ships in a week or two I'll buy the slider covers very soon. Lemme know if they get there quick.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
they do ship pretty quick. great company to work with, and a great product also.

·
2007 VRSCDX
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they do ship pretty quick. great company to work with, and a great product also.
I'm running the stock fender, they say it needs to be adjusted, are you running the stock fender as well, do you know if it needs adjustment for these to work?

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I'm running the stock fender, they say it needs to be adjusted, are you running the stock fender as well, do you know if it needs adjustment for these to work?
I can't speak for that one. I didn't get the fork slider covers. I only got the cover that goes between the triple trees and the cap that goes on top of the forks. I wasn't too hip on the slider cover's look, so I passed on those. I'm going to use a rubber boot instead.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My stuff arrived from MS-BikeTech.

Its quality equipment. The advice and communication with Marc is first rate.

They delivered the items quickly to the Post Office in Germany and did everything right.

I highly recommend MS Bike Tech and of course their stuff is exactly my taste & what I was looking for particularly.

I'll post shots of finished install when it's complete. Marc did send me pictures of new rear fender/seat pan which is available, I'm thinking serioulsy about......461 euros plus postage for both pan and fender.... cheaper than some but definately not cheap.....but you pay for good quality which I would expect based on the items I just received from MS Bike Tec.

Here the pictures if your interested. Don't contact me I'm just a customer.....

MS-Rod-Special_3.jpg

Ms-BikeTech-Lucky13.jpg

Problem is the German Post Office. I got may stuff just within the month. Tracking showed it sat around alot of time (10 days!!! at the delivery point) Plus it isn't cheap very ineffective compared to USPS or Royal Mail.

Maybe I just expect too much....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts