Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
The clunk is not from the fall-away it is from the improper torque of the nut. If you torque the nut to 90ft lbs if memory serves me the clunk will be gone.

Max

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
vilzrod I have never seen the bulletin but have heard about the information from more then one source and found that it did cure the clunk.

Max

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Hippo it was my understanding that the fall away needed to be adjusted at first but I was corrected later to leave the fall away as it was and simply re-torque the steering stem nut to 90ft lbs. I'm afraid that if you adjust the fall away and then torque the nut to 90ft lbs that the fall away would then be to tight.

Either way they come up with the same result but I have heard from several sources now to simply re-torque the steering stem nut.

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod I'm not sure if it is Harley or the individual dealer that is the breakdown on this information. The sharing of this kind of information is one of the reasons that I think our little site is so important. It helps every single one of us including myself.

Max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.