Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sergeant-at-Arms
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I'm pretty new to HDs as my first one is now 6 weeks old, a '08 DX. Previous bikes have been Japanese crotch-rockets that I've mostly serviced by myself.

The front tire is now worn out (I cannot think why but by the look of it the previous owner didn't keep proper pressure in it as it's worn wavey and out in less than 7,000 miles. Dunlop...)

When trying to remove the front wheel I noticed that the fastening bolts of the Brembo saddles look like inverted torx, or like the "theft-proof" bolts one uses in the car wheels...

Having only standard metric keys, sockets, hex/allen and torx I was unable to loosen the brakes... Do I need a special socket set for these bolts - and more importantly - are the more groovy bolts found within V-rod?

tigg3r

·
Sergeant-at-Arms
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, getting 12-point sockets is no trivial task. At least here in Finland... Gotta go browsing through the local pro-tool-shops.

Edit: Official name seems to be XZN-socket (or bit if inverted head). At least metric sizes can be found in pro-shops... Gotta go shopping.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
3/8" drive, 12 point, 10mm socket. get a standard length and a deepwell socket. also i think there is a thread here somewhere that list the most commonly used tools on the vrod. and the most valuable tool will be the service and parts manual for your bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.