Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
No More Noise

:thumb: I have posted a fix for the front brake noise.
worked for my 2002. :plause:
I replaced my front pads with Lyndall Racing Pads 7195-Z 00-04 and used what I always have in the auto brakes is brake quite. took it out today for a good run and heard a little noise but nothing to what it was.
Now I just hear all the other ones I missed before. :ithappen: :banghead:

· Registered
1 Posts
Man, I love this site I've had my rod for about 3 weeks now (its a 02) when I bought it it had 905 miles on it at about a 1000 or 1100 I started hearing noise from the front brakes (rubbing) at 2650 it has quit for the most part so hang on and ride it out. everything gonna be ok.

· Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Mine never did it. Not even once.
Just got the bike back from my 1,000 service and now there is a rubbing coming from the front.
Break rubbing?
Dirt?

What would all the sudden start them to rub? Adjustment dealer did? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1,738 Posts
Mine started dragging more often. I mentioned it the last time the bike was in. For what its worth, the Tech said that perhaps the master cylinder was overfilled and when it is hot outside the fluid might expand enough to put pressure on the brake pads. Sounds a little like he is reaching for an explanation. If he indeed checked the fluid level, it made no difference. They still drag slightly.

Fred

· SNAFU
13,094 Posts
For those of you with brake noise issues try a set of EBC Kevlar pads, P/N FA299 (3 sets) or the FA299HH Sintered racing pads for all you hot shoes ;)

When you change them go over the rotors with fine grit emory, something like 400, to clean all the old material off the rotors and give the new pads a clean surface. It should help

· SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Just scuff them up by hand, that way you don't risk creating any flat spots. You aren't going to remove any ridges, just clean the glazing off them. The new pads will conform to the ridges if you bed them correctly.

I bed brakes the old fashion way, Get the bike to a place where you can do semi high speed runs and stops. Perform 3 high speed stops each one with increased braking force making sure the final pass is using close to 100% braking force (don't lock them up). After the last stop pull over or get back home using minimal brakes. Once you get home and/or stop the bike tap on the calipers with the back end of a screwdriver or something plastic to make sure the pads aren't stuck to the rotors. Let them cool down for about 30 minutes. From that point you should be good to go.

· Registered
2 Posts
Get rid of the noise

Have anyone tried double sided tape? I know it sounds too good to be truth but I learned that from a old bike builder while working on a honda. Since I have worked on several bikes and currently have 3HD and still the Honda (cheap reliability baby). I did this on my 08'VRSCD and have not had any noise...
Well I did get noise form the rear rottors as aparently I was braking too hard and it might have gotten the disk out of shape... Go figure!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.