Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 VRSCF with only 75 miles on it. I've only put around 50 miles on it. There has always some front brake noise. At first a light squeak. I thought it was just because they were new. Now it seems that there is a metal grinding sound. I've included a video that's def not the best quality but it will give an idea of what I'm talking about. Thoughts/suggestion?

Attachments

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
all I could hear was the squeaking rubber tires on the concrete. A metal "rubbing" sound is normal since the calipers do ride pretty much in constant contact with the rotors. A grinding sound makes me think you may have a rock or some other debris between the brake pads and rotors. Pop off the pads and check.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have had many different bikes that made this noise and what sounds like a grinding at low speed is actually just the pads set against the rotors. If it bothers you get the front wheel up and give it a spin by hand, you will see that it really is not binding at all. What I heard was normal brake noise.

If I am off base someone chime in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice fellas. I'm probably just being paranoid. Every experienced rider I've asked says the same thing you guys have.

·
Registered
345 Posts
1911, love your name. My 2011 Muscle does the same thing. 550 miles on it and it still sounds the same as day 1. IMO, this is normal for the stock pads. The floating rotors can also make some odd noises. Ride it like ya stole it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts