Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Do I need to replace the front brake line, or can I purchase a set of Goodridge hoses and only replace the part circled in red.

If the part can be replaced, do I need any special tools to replace the soft hose onto the rigid hose.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a suggested stainless line brand to upgrade to? Black an option? 2015 DX w/ ABS

Have a look at the 2 links I posted below. They have the sets for all VRSC models. Trying to decide between the 2 companies :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Doesn't look like either site lists them for the 2015. I'm finding the same issue with some other sites too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't look like either site lists them for the 2015. I'm finding the same issue with some other sites too.

Try this site

https://www.magnumshielding.com

This ABS DOT brake line adapter is used in conjunction with an ABS Designer Series Upper Brake Line to connect the lower brake line to the master cylinder for ABS V-Rod models.

·
Back In Black
129 Posts
I also ran out of options for my 08 NRS. I went with Magnum shielding Build Your Own kit. Just get the fittings and some random length of hose. Pretty straight forward and easy to do. Turned out nice too!

·
Back In Black
129 Posts
You can't say that and not post a picture
Ha! I figured someone would call me out on that! No worries. I went with black fittings and the kit includes shrink tube for any exposed areas that you wanna black out.

I've attached some pictures.

BTW: I went with Magnum Shielding over the other guys because I didn't like the look of the hoses going all the way to the splitter. I much prefer the hard pipe style splitter. Just my two cents on that...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts