Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I’m new to the vrod (not for bikes, as also have a suzuki M50 and just let go a hugger 07). I have a question that I haven’t found an answer yet.
Yesterday replace the hand grips and now the front brake lever do not fully return to its position unless I push it. For this reason, the brake light turns on, even if is not breaking.
I posted the question in 2 other forums. In one of them, they mentioned it could be the break switch. I googled it and is says that is located near de exhaust. Not sure that be the issue, as the break light is working correctly, is the lever who isn’t.
On the other forum, the mentioned something about a little metal spring. Don’t know if that’s be the reason. If it could be, where can I get a replacement and actually replace it?
Any help, please!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
There is a brake light switch in the front switch assembly. Sounds like you have misfitted either the lever or the switch assembly.

·
VRSC est -03
3,095 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.
Compare the two levers to each other closely. Be careful when installing the brake lever, it`s easy to hurt the brake light switch located inside the housing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a brake light switch in the front switch assembly. Sounds like you have misfitted either the lever or the switch assembly.
Thanks.
I didn’t found a light switch part on the assembly diagram, were it is supposed to be located?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts