Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had to limp home yesterday My front compressors not holding air presure.Sure was nice to know I could still run low and
not drag on the pavement,glade I bought Franks 4" kit and not the
5"er. Thats about the differance I had to the ground from my PVC
slam blocks.
After checking for leaks,and found none.I remove all my front
lines including the gauge line,and installed 1 line from the compressor
to the air gauge direct.The compressor would only pump up to 20 psi
and when I let off the switch it droped to zero.
I called Arnott and talked to Bill my salesman and he though it
was a check valve issure,I'm not sure if its the check valve or the
compressor itself.Whats your thoughs?I have a new check valve coming,but if thats not the problem,and its the compressor thats a
week of down time.
Anyone know of a valve I could install on my rear shocks to
hold the air in the shocks and close the valve.Then use my rear
compressor that works fine,and use it to control my front forks only
I've started out with just one compressor running both system and
it makes for a very stiff ride, at with 120 psi in the rear,being the rear uses 60 psi and the forks required 120 psi.
I've attached a couples of pics.of my setup.
Any help would be great. Roge

Attachments

·
Frank
4,316 Posts
When you get things back togther, you can drop your pressure to 105 PSI which should be enough for the front.

As for using a single compressor, my new controller will allow for that and have 2 presets. This is not a cheap solution, but it does make things pretty slick and you can also eliminate your ignition key and whenever a retractable centerstand is available, it will have an output to control that as well.

Short of that, you can always use the toggle valve setup from Clippard to seperate the front and rear manualy. In that case you would raise the bike by turning on the compressor and holding the rear valve toggle open until the rear is where you want it. Then release the rear toggle and continue to inflate the front to the 105-120psi and then stop. To lower the bike you put both toggles in the dump position.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after spending a few hour trouble shooting I found that it wasn't the compressor,but the 2 port presure gauge.One of the ports leaked inside the gauge so the soap test won't work.Arnott is sending me a new gauge,and at this point I'm running both compressors,but just one port on the gauge.
Frank the toggle valve sound like a eazy fix,but I dought it would fit in my mounting
location on each side of the acorn nut that holds my horn cover on.PM me a cost of your
control with the 2 preseats.I'll probley stay with my PVC slam stops although I haven't
tested it by losing air presure in both systems,hope that never happens although by using the 1" PVC and with the tappered design as per my attachment on the starter tread,I'm quite sure the blocks would just grind. Roge
down bring me to slow stop.My biggest concern is speed bumps. Roge

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could also look into some Paintball Equipment. You could Put a Regulator on the Rears that would stop them at the 60psi and allow the rest of the system to run at whatever you wanted. they have some that are hand adjustable and others that need an allen key .

Something like this would work

http://cgi.ebay.com/Autococker-Paintball-Gun-KAPP-Rhino-Regulator-Cocker-/390119527075?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad4ef92a3#ht_500wt_717
The dual compressors are really the way to go, although I'm considering Franks controler.My problem is room.This street fighter mod just don't have the room even 2 gauges is out of the question.
When I'm running my fairing I can use 2 gauges,and do at times.
In the second attachment you can see theres 2 gauges the dual
port air presure gauge mounted on top of the head light,and a boost gauge mounted on the A model cluster,and inside the back of my head shroud is my I Phone mount or I can use my pocket dash also in this location,but prefer it mounted on the air box.Five item all stacked in line in the third attachment.Also tucked in the head light
shroud is the blue tooth sending unit for the pocket dash,so picking up the signal is quite fast,now if I could get my I Phone to connect
with the Pocket dash thru the blue tooth that would be really cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I just ran one of my Paintball Gauges and drilled hole my Horn Cover and have it coming out of there it's only 1 1/2"roundby1/2" deep.. Your setup is very nice but I can see how your limited on extra room. The other thing with the Reg is you really wouldn't need a Gauge on it as once it's set to what you wanted it would always go to that pressure until you changed it.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
My problem is room.This street fighter mod just don't have the room even 2 gauges is out of the question.
Well, once you start the TRIKE project- running out of room should be the least of your concerns :deal::D

When ya gonna post the rest of your stuff for sale???

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, once you start the TRIKE project- running out of room should be the least of your concerns :deal::D

When ya gonna post the rest of your stuff for sale???
Kinda between a rock and a hard pan Dave on selling my extras.If I don't sell enough stuff to trike my bike then the projects out the door.Now if I do sell enough the list gets
bigger as I won't have a need for my D wheels and Pondo's matching rear pulley mod along with my swings,rear brake calb.all treated in the CF drip.
I listed my road gluide setup,and only had 1 view.Either theres not much money left on the fourm or no ones looking for a road gluide mod.I'll PM you a list of stuff I'll be parting with,but it'll probley go on ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts