Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
My eyes are burning from the ugly. So much talent, so little taste those guys have (that's shop 51 or some such if I recall).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can't say that I'm digging the wheels or the sprocket but otherwise I kind of like it. I like that single arm swingarm.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Hey if that bike keeps us from Nuking each other I think it looks GREAT ! Hope it's Russian Titanium wheels but yea, probably Aluminum - that's OK one of the best executed V Rods I've ever seen, very well done - good job Comrad's !!
(y) :cool:

·
Registered
VRSCAW 2010
24 Posts
Russian custom and very well built. Box 39 Machine shop is absolutely hi tech. At their website I noticed a Kemppi welder - made in Finland:cool:
On youtube they have few videos about their custom bikes.

·
VRSC est -03
3,094 Posts
Sweet flowing lines, best rear fender ever but the wheels/sprocket... reminds me of BBS from the eighties...

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Hey what's wrong with BBS from the 80's Knut ? I got a set of 14" Carrol Shelby BBS replica's exactly like that with gold & black spokes / honeycomb center hub on my 44 year old Toyota Celica GT - are you saying I'm not in current style ? I Gotta admit rear pulley looks a bit busy it needs holes in the spokes to open it up - get to work on those fancy machines Box 39 !! V & H Comp muffler looks too out of the box as well. Needs a custom one off muffler, pipes they can get away with. (y) :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Russian custom and very well built. Box 39 Machine shop is absolutely hi tech. At their website I noticed a Kemppi welder - made in Finland:cool:
On youtube they have few videos about their custom bikes.
Some great pictures on that website. Hi tech and smooth. Liking this wheel...much simpler design, sleek, straight lines.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the swingarm side front pulley cover and belt guard. It tries to hide the single sided swingarm with the help of that hideous looking (to me) pulley, and give the appearance of the rear wheel floating. I think they were going after the BBS wheel for the retro look. But that rear pulley I feel could have been executed a little better. The center cap looks like a last minute thrown together piece, IMHO. Other than that I like the wheels. Where do you think the 10 Spoke Wheel Idea or solid disc wheel originated from? Lets not go there. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts