Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A weekend project gone mad. I, like you, don't believe the Mighty V-rod should have plastic on it. Here is yet another idea on how to magically transform plastic into chrome:

- Arlen Ness license mount
- Radiantz LED Cateye
- Custom cut metal to fill tailight hole in fender
- Rizoma relocators
- Mini-LED turns

As with any bike project, it cost 5 times as much as I thought, and took 10 times as long. If anybody is interested, I can post some details about the fabrication / installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Look Great .

Well done. Would it work with the Pac Rack though?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Now Lower the rear end it look like a Stink Bug!;)

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The setup does not work well for a luggage rack, or saddlebags since the mounts were cut off. Travel light!!!

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Not a fan of that tail light and license plate covering up the fender. Removing the dogs ass without lowering the rear is useless cause it looks like doo doo. Just my.02

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Yeah....you definatly need to lower that. I did a simliar project....cut dogs a$$ off and side mount plate. BUT had to lower.........just not a fan of the dirt bike look!

Baby steps though........your on your way!!! Looks good!

·
miscellaneous debris
282 Posts
I too dont't mean to be offensive... but that look just is not doing it for me ..... I am current ly working on a rendition for the back end I will post some pictures after the weekend .... I think you all will like it :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yak:

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No offensive taken...glad to know it will be "one of a kind"!! I wanted to lower it, but I had to modify the underfender to fit everything. I look forward to seeing some other ideas.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Here's mine my Brotha!:diablo:

Attachments

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kaz (and my fellow Brotha's)...I get the hint. Lower, lower, lower...and big tire!!! I put them both on my x-mas list this year. Let's see what Santa brings!! PS Also like the personalized plate. I will be at the DMV tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
NO, not a 240! It rides like crap (IMHO). Go with a 200. It's plenty and doesn't adversely effect the ride and handling characteristics as the 240 does.

John

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
You will be Glad You did!;)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I hate to post pictures of my a$$ on the internet but oh well.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Cute ASS Big Guy!;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts