Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
(Peter)
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A real good friend of mine had his second bad accident Saturday night. Seems a car making a left turn accross a three lane highway pulled out in front of him and just stoped. He hit the car and went over the top. He guy took off, but someone was able to get the plate number. He broke his wrist, and shattered his right leg from the knee down. They said they were picking up peices of bone from the road. They are trying to save the leg, but is doesn't look good.

I was at the hospital when they were placing an nasal gastric tube to drain blood from his stomach. I definetly don't every want that. Not very pretty. Makes me think real hard about getting on the bike again. I love to ride, but there are sooooo many A holes out there.... I am going on a group ride this month to Key West, I guess I'll have to see how I feel afterwards. I just spend 5K on rims, tires, and swings arm. It's really going to piss me off if I wind up using them for one ride.

Any, keep Glen in your thoughts, he is a great guy. We've been best friends since elementry school. He wouldl give you the shirt off his back and not think twice about it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope they are able to save his leg, and that he has a good recovery.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Best Wishes and Speedy Revcovery....:)

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Here's to a full recovery and incarceration of the cager that left the scene of an accident.....

HH

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Best wishes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Best wishes to your friend. Hope they can save the leg.
Also hope they catch the cager!

·
CEMIRT Lifer
524 Posts
Sad to hear of any downed rider. Prayers sent for Glen's speedy recovery.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Best wishes on his full recovery. Sorry about your buddy being hurt.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
I'm really sorry about your friend. Don't get freaked out when you go out riding. I think that is aweful, but if you get freaked out over it you might not be at your best. That is not a good state to be in.

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Glen will be in my prayers, I pray that he will be able to recover rapidly and in a whole state.

The cager should be caught and then put under the jail awaiting trial after Glen recovers fully. I would recommend no parole, no sights of the world around him/her until after the trial.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Best wishes to your friend. I hope he recovers quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts