Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Steve
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good friend get run over on his bike Wednesday morning. He was going about 40-45 when a truck came behind him at 70-80 mph and rearended him. He died a little while later. He was a great guy. He was a lifelong biker. This past Sat. night at our local watering hole as I was getting some grief from some REAL HARLEY guys that i know he walked up and said you all are focked up if you think your bikes can beat this V-rod. He proceeded to basically put them in their place as i stood there and laughed. The final comment was to them where are you going and how long til you get there. They said 15 minute ride, the reply was that I would leave in 10 minutes and catch up! This really personified what I believe he was about. Even though he was a BIKER he was able to appreciate the V- rod. Maybe God has a plan for him he will be missed. The driver of the truck did not stop and still hasnt been found. He might want to turn himself in, cause it could be for his benefit. There was a benefit yesterday with 400 bikes out. This was the same day it happened! I have lost or had 5 buddies killed or hurt on bikes in 2 years, and seen many posts on here of fellow riders who have went down, I am very serious about giving the bike up. I ride ATVs and boat around so I have other hobbies. Riding my V-rod is completely different though, just writing about riding I feel a special way. But I am struggling to find in my mind is it worth the risk! Thanks to you guys for listening!

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Only you will know if its worth the risk. I am sorry to hear you lost so many friends over the past couple years. My thoughts are with your buddies family.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. Prayers and thoughts to you, your friend and family he leaves behind.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Thoughts and prayers to the family and you, Steve. Only you can decide your risk tolerance - if you don't feel safe on the road, then don't go. What's the point? I've often found that fear can be self-fulfilling. You'll figure out whether you should be riding or not - take some time and sort through it.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Man......how sad............so sorry for you. He sounds like a great guy.
:sad:

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Sorry to hear, thought to you and his family.

R.I.P.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
So sorry to hear of the loss. Prayers to those left behind.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Best wishes and prayers go out for you and his family.

God Bless,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news. May he R.I.P.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Awfull news Steve....hang in there.... thoughts and prayers going out to his friends and family.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts