Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just rebuilding a 2004 VRSCA engine (silver) that has about 12K miles on it, as a 1373cc turnkey engine (no core required). Engine will have 0 hours on the new build when shipped. I will warranty labor for 6 months (unless used for drag racing). I will suppy a rough tune for a Race Tuner, but it will need to be professionally tuned on a dyno or used in conjunction with an auto-tune ECU like a Daytona Twin Tech VRFID3 or Zippers Thundermax. It should be ready for shipment/installation the end of February (due to leadtime on custom CP pistons).

New items:
Custom 4.25", 12:1 CP pistons
Destroyer crank
Rod bearings
Main bearings
Gaskets
10mm ARP head studs
Doherty steel crank brace and ARP studs
HD '08 slipper clutch
5.7 gram injectors (reworked)
V&H solid shifter fork shaft
Spark plugs
Chrome oil filter

Reconditioned:
Carrillo H-Beam rods
58mm Zippers throttle body
Zippers ported heads with 1mm oversized valves
Zippers cams, (.500 lift intake. 460 lift exhaust)
Cases bored and clearanced for 4.25" pistons and 3mm stroke
Zippers 58mm billet stacks

The complete engine will run $4900. Crating and shipping can be arranged.

Currently the engine will have polished covers. I can add new chrome ones for an additional $800. I can add polished stainless steel hardware for an additional $140.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Isn't a new stock engine over 5k? This seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.
Wish I had an extra five grand laying around.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
New stock is about $7k! This is a great deal on one of Frank's motors!

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
If someone wants to buy my stock DX motor, I will buy this one from Frank... 09 DX engine, black with 13k miles... Amsoil ran through it... Any takers? :hidesbeh:

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Hows $4200.00?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Great price Frank,I should consider this for a spare,as it's the same built as I'm running
now.If only my trike build was completed.Damn that timing thing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey i sent u a pm. waiting for any invoice info. i know ur not ready to sell but at least send a bill or some kind of payment u want to me before u pass me up

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey i sent u a pm. waiting for any invoice info. i know ur not ready to sell but at least send a bill or some kind of payment u want to me before u pass me up
Don't worry, not passing you up. Since we are still a month off from having the engine ready, I did not want to close the door to other potential buyers since a lot can happen in 30 days.

BTW, I did not hear back from you about the second gear. I am cleaning up the cases now and want to have the tranny back in, but I can't do that until I know if you still want the V&H second gear. Persoanlly, I see no need for that on a street bike.

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After inspection I needed a few more new goodies.... 8 tappets and 2 4.25" Advanced sleeves. Better and better deal all the time!

·
1,016 Posts
Frank, you my friend are a pimp.:notworth:

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
hmmm i think i need to sell .......... wonders now much i can get for my kids lmfao

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, this engine is spoken for and the buyer wanted the V&H stright cut gears installed as part of the build-up. Since all of the changes at V&H and the 4-5 week backorder on that gear, I was reluntant to get started on the actual build until I had confirmation the gears were actually headed my way. In the meantime I did gather up all of the new parts, cleaned and checked out everything else so it would be ready to assemble.

So, I started the actual rebuild last night. I snapped a few pictures showing the cases cleaned with new liners and o-rings installed, the heads with all of the ports and surfaces cleaned and the valve re-lapped, the Destroyer crank, the rods with new pistons attached, the rings being sized and inserted into the new liners.

BTW, once this one is done (within a week), I have 2 more black engines that will be ready for someone else's turnkey engine package. One is a 2004 (wide engine mount), and the other is a 2005 (narrow engine mount). Anyone interested in either of those, PM me with the kind of configuration you are looking for and I will work up a price.

Attachments

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some additional pictures from last nights work.

I needed to file one oil jet to have enough clearance to the rod due to the 3mm stroke. The other jet and counterbalancer were just fine.

Added the ARP case and head studs, lubed and torqued the rods to the crank, put on the starter and limit gear, added the water pump drive and triple sprocket (properly torqued with red Loctite), added the primary cam chain and tensioners and installed the heads and gaskets.

Normally I woulld have finsihed up the bottom end before working on the top, but the gears from V&H are not here yet.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts