Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered these before I joined the Forum.
I didn't get a chance to ask you guys.
Did I do good or will I be sorry? :notworth:

For those who don't zoom in on the picture.

Metzeler ME 880 Marathon front and rear.

Bicep

Attachments

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Metzlers are far better than the Dunlops!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
you did damn good! :vrodforu: You won't believe the difference.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'll hold my initial thoughts since at first glance it looked like you had a wide white wall tire there.

Mount them and ride it.

·
Flamed Muscle
123 Posts
Bicep,

If you haven't mounted your tires yet, give RAM cycles in San Jose a call (off of Monterey Blvd). He mounted and balanced my Avons for $60/each. Much better than the stealer price.

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what I was thinking. Bernard is an old co-worker. We worked as Machinists together before he started his business. I should go see him.

Bicep

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ouch.
I just got off the phone with Road Rider. $20.00 each to mount and balance.
even the 240 x 40 x 18

Maybe i'll just go by and say hi.

Bicep

·
Jeff
283 Posts
Not trying to thread jack here, but I bought an extended road hazard for the Dunlops when I bought my bike back in July. If I switch to Metzelers will the road hazard apply to them? I really like the tread pattern of the Marathons.

Jeff

·
Flamed Muscle
123 Posts
Bicep,

$20 each at road rider, now thats a good deal. Small world, Bernard is a great guy to deal with. I'm also in manufacturing, so I make all of my own stuff also (my main job is solid modeling, CAD\CAM, and programming cnc lasers).

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeff, Good point. So I looked at my papers. I got the extended service plan from Harley.

It came with a booklet. Page 2 states:

Tire and wheel coverage
We will pay for the COSTS to repair or replace the original equipment or like replacement tire and/or wheels of YOUR MOTORCYCLE that fail due to contact with a road hazard (pot hole or debris on the road surface such as nail, rock or tree limb).

It goes on , but the "or like replacement tire and /or wheels" I think covers our Metzelers.

Z4WOO

I will come and see you for a job if I get laid off. I am a lead man in the machine shop for a defence contractor. I program with Mastercam X4 and run Haas CNC mills. I use Pro-E .IGES files to program from.

Bicep

·
Jeff
283 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts