Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
I'd love some but I'm a little far away. How did it work out? I'm looking at purchasing some of the 1/4" for the front signals in the next couple of days.

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dereck...I ended up using the metal braid for the wires. I will post pic next week. (looks much better than the tubing).

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Jcolodny,
Nothing is free, what do you want for it?
Is there enough to do the sidemount plate?
Thanks,
Dan

Either way I will take it.
I can use it for something else I am doing.

Ooops, didn't see the part about Daytona, if you still have it when you get back let me know!

·
Registered
454 Posts
jcolodny said:
Dereck...I ended up using the metal braid for the wires. I will post pic next week. (looks much better than the tubing).
Jcolodny,

What kind of metal braid and where did you get it?

Thanks.

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan...in this case I have a bag of 1 to 3 foot sections (1/4" - 1/2") that am I not going to use, so yep...it's free to whoever wants it. I'd just rather hand it to somebody, then have to go the post office and mail it.

V-Man...go to this thread and look at the metal braid. I put a piece of clear shrink tube over it. I will post pictures and a how-to for front turn signal wires, and throttle cables next week.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3169

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
Which clear shrink tube did you use? Looks like they have 3 or 4 to choose from. Did you do anything special to keep the end inside/close to the turn signals?

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dereck...I am still working on the "How-To" post for the entire braiding process. For the front turns, I used 1/4" metal braid, 1/2" clear shrink, with black shrink tube on the ends.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts