Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need a 02 -05 V-Rod for purposes. Our facility is in Anaheim and we would need your bike for possibly a week. You would get a free exhaust system out of it. We are most likely going to do a Short Megaphone version of our Road Rage 2>1 system on your bike.

Update: We also need a '02 - '05 V-Rod.

Your bike should be stock and we prefer 2002-2005 Model.

Please email: [email protected]

Or call him at 866-782-3283

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
VRSCF or VRSCDX?
(Different exhausts.)

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Mail sent for F'er

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Doesn't look like they currently have anything for the F'er on there site.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Soo excited, Drop my bike off on Monday! Can't wait to feel the performance difference and finally hear my bike!

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Soo excited, Drop my bike off on Monday! Can't wait to feel the performance difference and finally hear my bike!

Whoa there big fella. I'm sure that you'll get a thrill out of the sound, but don't expect more than a mild performance gain (if any at all) out of an exhaust change on a stock motor. You shouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Your bike may run better, however, because it will have been dyno-tuned and it will weigh less. It will have been dyno-tuned, won't it?

Remember to get your stock exhaust back in case you ever want to re-install it.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:them:
something must be in the water and or air here lately, 'cause I've agreed with Dr. Dave more in the past 3 months than all the other months combined

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Whoa there big fella. I'm sure that you'll get a thrill out of the sound, but don't expect more than a mild performance gain (if any at all) out of an exhaust change on a stock motor. You shouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Your bike may run better, however, because it will have been dyno-tuned and it will weigh less. It will have been dyno-tuned, won't it?

Remember to get your stock exhaust back in case you ever want to re-install it.
For sure keeping stock exhaust. Going from dual to a 2-1 that is lighter and adding a PCV, I would expect to get some pretty decent gains. I will however do before and after Dyno runs and post results.

From the looks of it I will need to make a map for it anyway. I have yet to find one for those pipes and the DynoJet site does not have one listed.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
for the non 'F' bikes, you know the frames are the same from '07 to current don't ya? So the mounting hardware would be plug and play all the way back to the beginning of this noble breed.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
for the non 'F' bikes, you know the frames are the same from '07 to current don't ya? So the mounting hardware would be plug and play all the way back to the beginning of this noble breed.
Frame is the same for the F as well isn't it? Only real difference is cosmetic in terms of rear fender, front covers, headlight handle bars etc.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Bike delivered. Now we wait. Will post pics when I get it back.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Frame is the same for the F as well isn't it? Only real difference is cosmetic in terms of rear fender, front covers, headlight handle bars etc.
Frame itself yes, but the F oil fill is in the wrong place:stilpoke:

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
I cant believe I missed that! From the pics I can find, it looks like the DX is by the starter? is that correct? I hope this doesn't pose any problems for the new pipes

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Or are the recently extinct models oil fillers in the wrong places?? Evolution for the revolution! :stilpoke: :stilpoke: Right back at ya!!!

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Tuning will be in order and should net you a nice gain, provided the system is good. I would add a better flowing air filter as well. Good Luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump. We also are looking for a Night Rod. A Newer model would be preferred. Stock as possible. You will get a free Bassani Xhaust system in trade for loaning us your bike to check fit a system on. I believe you will get a short megaphone system out of it. Please contact us asap. We are in Anaheim California.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Ok, here is a pic of the Bassani slip on in black! Looks pretty sweet. With black heat sheilds I think it will look very good. Will post the 2-1 pic when I get it.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
that's a much nicer & slicker look over the OE exhaust. I like that enough to use on my "wicked-line" 2:1 instead of the stock A top can

1 - 20 of 39 Posts