Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to give you a heads up on some assholes who try to rip you off.
After making an advertisement I recently received the following e-mails:
gretings to you,I am phil brown ? from london uk i saw your mail that you are in need of the above subject stated,i just wan to used this little words of mine to let you know that ihave itforsale,and still in a good condition, if you need some picsof theitemi can send them to you once i heard from you so we can bargain price,please i only need a serious buyer and i do accept check payment,international money order and western union money transferplease no paypal..where i will have my money in my possession before i will? ship the item to you so get back to me with youraddress were you want to ship it to.......i used scarlet deliverycourier, for shipping abroad so i caculate the shipping cost to your doorstep,soi can give? you my least price +shipping,and i will be expecting you callor +447031952786? or email me back so that will can disscusse. thanks
and also:
Steve Canada <[email protected]>:

> I am Steve Canada from London United Kingdom,i came accross your advert on
> website that you are in need of the above subject stated,i just want to used
> this little words of mine to let you know that i have it for sale,and still
> in a good condition, if you need some pics of the item i can send them to
> you once i heard from you so we can bargain price and i will need your
> complete address for shipping purpose, please i only need a serious buyer
> and i do accept check payment ,international money order and western union
> money transfer,MoneyGram money Transfer and paypal and also let me know what
> method of payment you prefer..You can call me on +447024057349 or send me an
> email for further discussion
If you google for the mobile phone number +447031952786 you will find quite a lot of similar fraud offers. :bs::bs::bs:

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Yea hardly a day goes by without a scram in my eMails . I got one from the IRS saying that they are holding a check for me for $650.00 and all they need is my social security # to verify who I am and of course they will need my bank account # so they can deposit the money. My question is where is the government who are supposed to be taking care of us. President OBAMBA should look into this type fraud he is supposed to be taking care of us all HA HA!!!

·
Noel
4,579 Posts
Yea hardly a day goes by without a scram in my eMails . I got one from the IRS saying that they are holding a check for me for $650.00 and all they need is my social security # to verify who I am and of course they will need my bank account # so they can deposit the money. My question is where is the government who are supposed to be taking care of us. President OBAMBA should look into this type fraud he is supposed to be taking care of us all HA HA!!!
It's apparent your hip to these frauds, but let me reiterate.

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread, the IRS -NEVER- corresponds with taxpayers via EMAIL, concerning their tax filings, SSN numbers, financial details or banking information.

Critical communications of this nature should always be in paper format delivered by US Mail, Handed to you in person or taped to the door of your residence of record.

The latter two only occur in Field enforcement activities. :angeldev:

·
"Vrod King"
845 Posts
It is amazing the number of dead uncles I have that worked for a oil company in Nigeria. They all died on the same day just different years, all with my aunts and cousins on some highway.

I just tell them to keep the millions of dollars they want to deposit in my bank account and to FIX YOUR DAMN HIGHWAY. :angeldev::angeldev::angeldev:

·
"Vrod King"
845 Posts
Oh, I forgot. 99.9% emails you get from people with a "g mail" ( @gmail.com) account are bogus.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
THANKS for telling us about the gmail accounts being bogus. The BBB spokesperson said that just opening up the eMail can cause problems....

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
I'm not internet savvy. Does this also mean my gmail account is more vulnerable to being attacked/infiltrated or hacked into?
Any Nigerianz on dis forum?

·
"Vrod King"
845 Posts
Here is another scam that just happen here.

A homeowner came home only to find that a couple had moved in to her townhouse and had changed the locks. The couple had responded to an ad on a web site for rental units. The scammers had placed a bogus ad on the property from info gotten from the internet. The couple sent their deposit and 1st months rent to the scammer in NIGERIA and was given a lease on the townhouse and told to hire a locksmith to come out and change the locks.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090215/NEWS06/902150381/-1/sitemaphtml>Site Map<&GID=JAEQRdDdpVoQDgH98KRs85f

:banghead::banghead::hmm::hmm::hmm: Will some people ever learn :confused::confused: DON'T DEAL WITH ANYBODY IN NIGERIA

·
Get a brain! Morans
683 Posts
One would think, with all this potential "business" to scam people, they would at least learn semi-proper english & not regurgitate the same crap with every email. Nevermind the fact that they could make thier products on craigslist look atleast semi-real with the pricing. 2009 ultra CVO for $1500... yeah ok, does that include the custom paint job and turbo?

It amazes me that anyone falls for this crap.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The flag is always money orders and the Western Union, because you can use false names on those. Also, when he said no Pay Pal, that's a flag too, because Pay Pal is good abotu dealing with fraud.

Had someone email me about buying my Buell once. Wanted to send me a money order and have someone come pick up the bike before I cashed the money order. LMAO i was tempted to get the police involved, since he was going to have someone come pick up the bike personally, but, I decided against it. Instead, I emailed him back and said that process was fine, but I would wait until I had the cash in hand before letting anyone take the bike. That was the end of the emails.

·
EASY RIDER LETS SPIN
61 Posts
Gmail!

I myself have two gmail accounts and like them very well! I do not offer any spam or fake emails so if your dealing with a gmail account just remembr we r not all fake!! As one stated, I use paypal payment only for ur and my protection! That being said I have only puchased 2 items from handy Dan and one from another individual on a luggage rack/ sissy bar but none have left a feedback so I have no score wich sucks due to being new here and such!

Anyone can look at my eBay feedback if needed!

[email protected]
is our account I'd both buyers and sellers of a few used products

·
all or nothing
1,372 Posts
"Mr Edward Paul" in UK was offering very special part (Chromed AIr Box Cover) I need. He has got an info and my e-mail from here. Did cheat me to sent money at first. Got lost when I asked him to sent a picture of the item.

Probably many of you got the same offer...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The flag is always money orders and the Western Union, because you can use false names on those. Also, when he said no Pay Pal, that's a flag too, because Pay Pal is good abotu dealing with fraud.
I just got a new one for a bike I'm selling. The seller wanted to verify my name for PayPal (never required) instead of just my account.

I gave it and then I got the PayPal announcement of payment plus $950 for shipping (it was very good quality) and an e-mail telling me to please contact the shipper. Of course there was no actual deposit in my PayPal account.

I sent it to the PayPal fraud folks to work.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Anyone know about eChecks? I just sold something and the buyer is going to send payment to my pay pal account in the form of an e Check. Is this a safe transaction in your opinion? Pay Pal sent an eMail saying not to ship for 3 to 4 days until it clears an the address is NOT verified. Something sound funny, wrong to me.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The other safety thing to do is to only use your credit Card Account on Paypal and NOT your banking account.

That way the transaction is reverseable and your exposure is only $50 max if the product isn't as represented or doesn't show up.

I used to have my checking linked to Paypal but under their newly revised agreement they have the right to charge your account as they deem appropriate.

So I removed the account and deal through my Credit Card.

Regards

Jerry

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
Youll be ok, its used for several reasons. Mostly they dont have a credit card on file or something like that. just wait a couple days and the money will appear in your account

1 - 20 of 23 Posts