Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a wreck and I bent my back brake and foot peg at the frame. Do I have to replace the whole frame or just that section of Frame.?

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
No. It's only a few bolts holding it together. Don't let some insurance company "BOZO" tell you "oh, that's frame damage and it's totaled." :chair: It's only like $300 to fix with a new one and about 20-30 minutes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’m man enough to admit... I did the same thing.

Simple swap of that frame piece - and I was even able to get mine in the factory silver color for the 2012 VRSCDX for pretty near a perfect paint match.

Kestrou

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
I don't understand the answers here. The Back brake is secured to a bracket that is secured on the rear axle. The rear foot pegs are screwed to the main portion of the frame.
'
What kind of bike do you have? Pictures would help of the damage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
RG -

We’re really talking about the rear brake PEDAL, and foot peg rest for your right foot.

Those bolt into a bunghole on the lower front right of the spring and that bunghole can be easily bent.

Fortunately, that bunghole is on a removable piece of the frame so this is easily fixed.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Kstrou,
OK. Been there done that. I just misread the post.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It bends easily? Is that dangerous in any way?
Well, "easily" means if you take a 600 pound bike at moderate speed and lay it on it's side with a pedal attached (so there's a torque arm) between the bike and asphalt.

You don't have enough calf muscle to bend it, so don't sweat that! :)

Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts