Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be an ignorant question, however, I don't know the answer, so I'm gonna ask. Since HD has been putting out the VROD are the frames used generally the same frame? I am asking because I was hit by someone who wasn't paying attention to the road and the only surviving parts of my bike were the engine and the frame. The fenders, airbox, foot controls, etc. were all damaged and need replaced.

I rode a 2004 VRSCB... I only say rode because the injury from the wreck has caused three reconstructive ankle surgeries and what I am told about a year until I can walk again. After that I will definately be riding again! Sorry I am getting:eek:fftopic:

Back to the topic at hand. I want to take my engine and frame and customize it to look like the 08 night rod special. I would love to put a 240 tire on the back or slightly larger, and a single side swing arm. Are these ideas possible with the 04 frame?

Thanks for taking the time to throw out some pointers. I am pretty new to this forum and riding at that. I had purchased my first motorcycle on May 22, 2007 which was my gorgeous vrod that got trashed... It was kind of a bummer to finally have the funds to get what I had always wanted, and treated that machine and the road with the utmost respect, and then....:banghead:

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The rear section of the frame on the 07-08 bike is wider to accommodate the larger fuel cell. They have a wider seat also. You can make the bike look similar but you won't be able to make it look exactly the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts