Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Someone gave me a H-D V-Rod Frame Bag. I know this thing is small, but I didn't get the directions with it, and can;t figure out how to put this stupid thing on? :banghead:

Any suggestions?!?!?

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Don't use it!!!! The frame bags are notorious with scratching the chrome on belt guards and the paint on the frame......

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
The Blue Guy said:
Ok, Someone gave me a H-D V-Rod Frame Bag. I know this thing is small, but I didn't get the directions with it, and can;t figure out how to put this stupid thing on? :banghead:

Any suggestions?!?!?
You must have made the guy mad and he is getting back at you :)

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Only use if you protect the upper belt guard and frame rail with the 3M clear protective tape. Otherwise you will be unhappy.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The Blue Guy said:

Any suggestions?!?!?
Theres a reason for no directions. Give it back as a Christmas gift in Dec.:stilpoke:

·
Phil Z.
1,117 Posts

·
Registered *******
335 Posts
I tied mine around the seat hinge and through the two top loops of the bag. I used an old shoelace from a pair of my Doc Martens. Two years now and no frame scratches.

Pepper

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
raebear said:
I love mine, put a few wraps of electrical tape around the frame where the straps go. Get some of that clear paint protector film to put on the belt guard to avoid the rubbing probs. This link shows where it fits.
http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=32023&catid=member&imageuser=11261
:them: ...if you do decide to NOT listen to the nay-sayers and use the frame bag, this is the way to go. So long as you put some of the clear paint protector film or even clear 3M tape, your chrome and frame won't get scratched.

·
FireBum
485 Posts
Frame Scratches

Tape the frame and realize that if it does scratch you'll only see the scratches if you remove the bag. I like mine enough that I don't see myself removing it.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Shonoff said:
Tape the frame and realize that if it does scratch you'll only see the scratches if you remove the bag. I like mine enough that I don't see myself removing it.
:them: I wouldn't give mine up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, thanks for the input! :notworth:

Anyone want a new frame bag?!? :D

Maybe I'll try to install it on my daughters Specialized!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Damn, I was just about to order one. Something told me to do a search here first.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
i use mine for key's and cell phones, never had a bike that didn't get scratched i figured it just added character

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've had a frame bag on my B-model for 3,000 miles, NO SCRATCHES. Great item but I have switched over to the chrome fuel cell covers. Its easy to attach with simple velcro straps. I am a little puzzled how soft material vinyle or velcro can scratch.
Anybody need one right now? I have one available on ebay for $15.00
This is actually a great item for carrying sunglasses cell phones insurance card etc......very secure as well(won't fall off).
Dar

1 - 20 of 23 Posts