Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man am I fukin pissed! I removed the frame bag to install the side Fuel cell chrome covers and found my frame trashed and the upper chrome belt guard scatched to shitt. I know this was mentioned before but I really had no idea it was gonna be this bad. I`m contacting the MOCO to see what they have to say about the issue. I suspect they will tell me to fuk myself but at least I`ll let them now their product is damaging.!!!!!!:mad:

Attachments

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you also notice it looks like my fuel tank is warped! This is not good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yak:

Attachments

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
So much for the MoCo testing like they say they do for all accessories... This should have been caught before they released the bag.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
My frame looks exactly like yours does. My dealer told me since they didn't install it that I would have to talk to Harley myself. When I called them they told me to get screwed and next time pay the hour labor ($65.00) to get the $30 bag put on. They can kiss it because anytime I see someone looking at one in the dealer I tell them the damage it causes and that doesn't have the balls to fess up to it, they immediately put it back.

At least I save one frame at a time.

Ken

·
1,738 Posts
TBAG809:

I warned of this some time ago. My experience with HD was also that they deny any responsibility since it was customer installed. (By the way, HD had the balls to call and ask if I was satisfied with my contact to customer service - Hah, Haw). Still anyone with damage should lodge a complaint. Perhaps they will pull the item, or package more of the vinyl tape with it to protect the frame and guard.

Any idea how the tank warped? Don't see how the frame bag could have caused it. Perhaps a defect in manuacture? Could it be caused by heat from the engine? It would melt the bag before the tank, you would think.

Fred

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
V-Fred said:
TBAG809:

Any idea how the tank warped? Don't see how the frame bag could have caused it. Perhaps a defect in manuacture? Could it be caused by heat from the engine? It would melt the bag before the tank, you would think.

Fred
2 things come to mind with the fuel tank;

1) Heat?
2) Dealer did something when it went in for the fuel flange recall?

I`m gonna go by there tomorrow to see what they say. I`ll keep everyone posted.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update

I went by the dealer today to show them the damage. Service manager said he would call the MOCO on tuesday to see what they say. As for the tank being warped he checked another vrod and said it looked the same. I haven`t seen that part of the tank in quite some time since I had put the bag on. I forgot what the tank looked like I guess. At least that turned out OK.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
284 Posts
G'day TBAG809 (?)
The left side of your tank is normal. It's the way it's moulded.

Best wishes.

Ken.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Ken is right about the molded area on the left side. Both Jeannie and mine look the same TBAG.

Max

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Max,

it just didnt look right because it wasn`t smooth like the other side. Glad to hear that it is normal...

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
I put my frame bag on today. bought the 3m film from eastwood.It's a pain to put on the curved parts of the frame but is almost invisible when done. you have to cut ti into fairly small strips, the radius seems to tight to mold the film to the frame. Put a strip in the top of the belt guard too. We'll see what happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts