Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Fournale shocks on Vrods, nightrod in particular. All the reports I've read from fellow rod owners seem to prefer the progressive 440's. Some people have reccommended raising the height of the nightrod with longer shocks. What is standard length shock on the nightrod and what is the preferred progressive shock to upgrade to. Any issues on clearance under the back guard? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Standard length (on an 06 VRSCD) is 12". I went to 11" so my bike looks more slammed. I bought the Progressive 412's. I am happy with them but so are the people with 440's. The 412's cost about $195 US. If you want to go leaning into the corners, I would not go below the stock length like I did, it cuts down on the lean angle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah ha! the frenchman is actually a Kiwi LOL. So the standard shocks are 13" on the nightrod, Thanks. The sales people over here are pushing these Fournale shocks and suggesting raising the ride height. I have just come off a 996 Ducati so yeah the ground clearence is minimal. That said I'm over the Duc after this baby! I'm making the first mod I do the suspension and I've read lots of threads on the subject, just want to make sure I get it right first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts